To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-10-31 (2019-11-01 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 5th September
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 17th October
Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- AGM 2019
- Board 2019/20
Peter M, Frederic G
- remaining and new
- Some people proposed to help us at managing CAcert; Next steps with them?
- Who contact them? At least tell them, that they should become member of Inc the next meeting or at the beginning of the AGM. If there are open positions, the AGM can elect who it want.
What about the remaining ones? For the nominations, see: https://wiki.cacert.org/AGM/Next#Nominations_for_Member_of_the_Committee
- Nine people applied to the Treasurer open position; How to shape a "financial team" with (most of) them?
- Who will do it?
- Finance report (2017/18?), 2018/19
- board report
- team reports
critical team (main topic)
Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic
- Over 30 developers wanted to take part to our work;
- Have they been all welcomed on board and subscribed to the devel Mailing list?
- Do they get clear guidance where to start with?
- Who addresses individual people, according to their own statements, for specific bugs or tasks where they might be particularly helpful?
What kind of back ground check for non critical systems? (ABC is out of scope as SP COD8 1.1.2)
- Further readings about CAcert's background checks:
Corporate donors (President)
- We have had a potential donor, who is offering to make a monthly donation, from his company, and asks that he be credited on our website home page.
Related links: https://www.cacert.org (see on the bottom); from 2011; https://wiki.cacert.org/comma/Arsenal/SponsorshipOffering
- Details of all the automatic payment registered at the moment
on Paypal (~ forecast on our recurring incoming financial resources) (Treasurer)
Details regarding the payment of the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019. --> paid Sept. 7th.
- Motion to pay invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR
- For legal reasons, after the motion has passed, the treasurer has to transfer this amount to secure-U. The money, secure-U became on behalf of CAcert can be used to lower the following ivoices, but not to pay invoices allready sent. (information transfered by secure-U from their Finanzamt)
- Motion: The treasurer shall pay the invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR to secureU.
What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog? THIS IS A TASK FOR THE FINANCE TEAM
-> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;
-> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees
Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)
Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)
Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)
Software / only the very important ones
Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)
Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)
Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)
Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the next meeting
- 24 or 31 Oct 2019
- 7 or 14 Nov 2019
- AGM Sat 30 Nov 2019 (Sun 1 Dec 2019 in Australia)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Etienne, Brian, Peter N,
Apologies: Ross, Peter M
Guests: Gero, Dirk, GuKKDevel, ~GuKKDevel_log, @ChanServ, decay, dirk_on_server, egal, enyc, nb, nemunaire, sat, ynazarov, zerkalo
At 21:02 UTC Brian took chair and started the meeting.
'Critical team' Dirk will pick up Norbert tomorrow morning to show up in Ede at around 12 (local time) for handover by Wytze and maybe Mendel ... They will give an update about it later the weekend to board.
'Finances' Dirk: from secure-u POV there had been "some" donations especially for CAcert. these donations will cover the next invoices ... i'm in contact to Etienne about the exact way to reduce the next invoices.
Corporate sponsors: We had some technical issues regarding how to give them credit. We were very willing to accept their donations. We discussed creating something in the Wiki to show these donors, but still felt that the home page was the best place. What about replace the obsolete picture with a new one including the logos of the corporate donors? Brian will get in touch with the new critical team as soon as possible.
The Secretary is and will be in touch with the Treasurer conecrning financial reports and beeing-paid-up.
'Arbitration' Due to holiday and "critical team handover first" there was no time for Andreas and Karl-Heinz. It is planned for next week. This shows how important it is to involve more people and to get ABC back.
'Backgroundcheck' There should be a Background check, for not critical systems (that means for roles without ABC). Who will do it and how? https://svn.cacert.org/CAcert/Arbitration/BackgroundCheckProcedure.html could be a guideline.
The president wants to create some kind of "discussion paper" for the board and interested parties, regarding this subject. He was going to include several different subjects, but one paper per topic. We should use any of the "corporate knowlege" we still have around, little as it may be. That is why want to try to get some discussion outside of the Board Meetings.
The next meeting will be on 7-11-2019, 20:00 UTC.
The meeting get silent at about 21:52 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting