Information for new board members

Committee Meeting 2019-10-31 (2019-11-01 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 5th September

  2. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 17th October

  3. Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the 5th of September

    5. Accept the minutes from the 17th of October

    6. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    7. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Association

  1. AGM 2019
  1. Personnel/volunteers
    1. critical team (main topic)

      • Report about the hand over

      • new members (see archive and archive [board members only])

      • time schedule (see archive [board members only])

      • background check
        • Propositions from Brian/FD who pre checked.
        • Security Policy (see 9.1.1 and 9.1.3)

      • Identify local/regional dutch/german candidates

    2. Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic

      • reactivation of "old" arbitrators: (update by Dirk (Support))

      • AndreasBäß, ThomasBremer, NickBebout

      • Four volunteers declared they want join as Arbitrators; Who is taking care of them, beyond what Ian Alastair did already?
    3. Infrastructure/Software

  1. Finances

    1. Corporate donors (President)

    2. Details of all the automatic payment registered at the moment
      • on Paypal (~ forecast on our recurring incoming financial resources) (Treasurer)

    3. Details regarding the payment of the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019. --> paid Sept. 7th.

    4. Motion to pay invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR
      • For legal reasons, after the motion has passed, the treasurer has to transfer this amount to secure-U. The money, secure-U became on behalf of CAcert can be used to lower the following ivoices, but not to pay invoices allready sent. (information transfered by secure-U from their Finanzamt)
      • Motion: The treasurer shall pay the invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR to secureU.
    5. What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog? THIS IS A TASK FOR THE FINANCE TEAM

      • -> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;

      • -> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees

    6. Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)

    7. Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)

    8. Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)

  1. Software / only the very important ones

    1. Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)

    2. Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)

    3. Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)

    4. Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)

    5. other (new/pressing/...)


Logfile from meeting 2019-10-17


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Etienne, Brian, Peter N,

Apologies: Ross, Peter M


Guests: Gero, Dirk, GuKKDevel, ~GuKKDevel_log, @ChanServ, decay, dirk_on_server, egal, enyc, nb, nemunaire, sat, ynazarov, zerkalo


At 21:02 UTC Brian took chair and started the meeting.


'Critical team' Dirk will pick up Norbert tomorrow morning to show up in Ede at around 12 (local time) for handover by Wytze and maybe Mendel ... They will give an update about it later the weekend to board.

'Finances' Dirk: from secure-u POV there had been "some" donations especially for CAcert. these donations will cover the next invoices ... i'm in contact to Etienne about the exact way to reduce the next invoices.

Corporate sponsors: We had some technical issues regarding how to give them credit. We were very willing to accept their donations. We discussed creating something in the Wiki to show these donors, but still felt that the home page was the best place. What about replace the obsolete picture with a new one including the logos of the corporate donors? Brian will get in touch with the new critical team as soon as possible.

The Secretary is and will be in touch with the Treasurer conecrning financial reports and beeing-paid-up.

'Arbitration' Due to holiday and "critical team handover first" there was no time for Andreas and Karl-Heinz. It is planned for next week. This shows how important it is to involve more people and to get ABC back.

'Backgroundcheck' There should be a Background check, for not critical systems (that means for roles without ABC). Who will do it and how? could be a guideline.

The president wants to create some kind of "discussion paper" for the board and interested parties, regarding this subject. He was going to include several different subjects, but one paper per topic. We should use any of the "corporate knowlege" we still have around, little as it may be. That is why want to try to get some discussion outside of the Board Meetings.

Question Time


The next meeting will be on 7-11-2019, 20:00 UTC.

The meeting get silent at about 21:52 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting




Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2019-10-31 (last edited 2019-10-31 23:41:24 by EtienneRuedin)