To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-10-17 (2019-10-18 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 5th September
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 26th September
Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Peter M, Frederic G
- Some people proposed to help us at managing CAcert; Next steps with them?
- Who will do it?
- Nine people applied to the Treasurer open position; How to shape a "financial team" with (most of) them?
- Who will do it?
critical team (main topic)
time schedule (see archive [board members only])
- background check
- Propositions from Brian/FD who pre checked.
Security Policy (see 9.1.1 and 9.1.3)
Identify local/regional dutch/german candidates
- The Board has examined x,y,z to the best of its knowledge and belief and authorises the present critical team to start the handover, even if the ABC has only been initiated.
Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic
- Over 30 developers wanted to take part to our work;
- Have they been all welcomed on board and subscribed to the devel Mailing list?
- Do they get clear guidance where to start with?
- Who addresses individual people, according to their own statements, for specific bugs or tasks where they might be particularly helpful?
Corporate donors (President)
- We have had a potential donor, who is offering to make a monthly donation, from his company, and asks that he be credited on our website home page.
Related links: https://www.cacert.org (see on the bottom); from 2011; https://wiki.cacert.org/comma/Arsenal/SponsorshipOffering
- Details of all the automatic payment registered at the moment
on Paypal (~ forecast on our recurring incoming financial resources) (Treasurer)
Details of the donations received in September in EUR and AUD; (Treasurer)
Details regarding the payment of the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019. (Treasurer)
- Motion to pay invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR
- For legal reasons, after the motion has passed, the treasurer has to transfer this amount to secure-U. The money, secure-U became on behalf of CAcert can be used to lower the following ivoices, but not to pay invoices allready sent. (information transfered by secure-U from their Finanzamt)
- What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog?
-> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;
-> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees
Paypal Fees CAcert->Secure-U ( in the last 18 months) -> maybe "payout" on Secure-U's bank account?
Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)
Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)
Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)
Software / only the very important ones
Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)
Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)
Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)
Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the next meeting
- 24 or 31 Oct 2019
- 7 or 14 Nov 2019
- AGM Sat 30 Nov 2019 (Sun 1 Dec 2019 in Australia)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Etienne (chair second hour), Brian (chair first hour), Frédéric D, Peter N, Frédéric G
Apologies: Ross, Peter M
At 20:00 UTC Brian took chair and started the meeting.
As we have been doing recently, the president is jumbling the Agenda order, trying to get to the priority items earlier in the meeting, so that they get addressed.
The committee accepts the minutes from 10th of october 2019.
Business There are still some Volunteer messages that need action. Etienne will write to Lorenzo, as he's from Switzerland as well. Who will write to Pascal?
Critical Team We have to assure, that the hand over starts now. Egal volunteered to manage the Critical Team transition. The president has to contact egal, and tell him, what his tasks are: get in contact with Mark, Brent and Wytze and start hand over.
Buildig teams In regards to building teams, Frédéric D suggest to hire first managers dedicated to that task. These people wanting to be members of the board. They could help at welcoming and dispatching new comers. At the moment, we are not a lot more than three of us to do it.
Finance The treasurer reports the estimated amount in our accounts (6K) an at secureU (5K). The money at secure U is only available to lower new bills. SecureU reports a lot of fees. The treasurer will check with ex-ex-ex-tresurer to learn how to transfer cheaper. Michael Judd and Kalle Kivimaa; it is suggestet to the treasurer to create a finance team mailing list and to contact Christopher M. As we need a new ERP, Finance Team could start with this and evaluating the new software.
FD: What I learned from a talk with Tim (a dev who I helped two weeks ago by videoconference to solve a matter with his CAcert's code signing certificate), is that people of very good will, people wanting to help, these people won't move until the moment someone allocate one precise task to them. He will send the name of 5-6 people that could do that within the next days.
Question Time only informal questions
Closing Next general meeting on Thud 31-10-2019 and one about Crit Team with bdmc, egal, M..... and who wants <60 min on Thu 24-10-2019.
We aggreed on 2019-10-31-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 21:55 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting