Information for new board members

Committee Meeting 2019-10-10 (2019-10-11 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 5th September

  2. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 19th September

  3. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 26th September

  4. Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the 5th of September

    5. Accept the minutes from the 19th of September

    6. Accept the minutes from the 26th of September

    7. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    8. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Association
      1. New Members

  1. SGM/AGM 2019

  2. Board 2019/20

    1. resignations

      • Peter M, Frederic G

    2. Some people proposed to help us at managing CAcert; Next steps with them?
      • Who will do it?
    3. Nine people applied to the Treasurer open position; How to shape a "financial team" with (most of) them?
      • Who will do it?
  1. Personnel/volunteers
    1. critical team (main topic)

      1. new members (see archive and archive [board members only])

      2. time schedule (see archive [board members only])

      3. background check
        • Propositions from Brian/FD who pre checked.
        • Decision at least team leaders

        • Security Policy (see 9.1.1 and 9.1.3)

      4. Identify local/regional dutch/german candidates

      5. Motions (propositions/drafts):
        • The board asks Arbitration to perform an ABC on x,y,z for their task in the critical team.
        • The Board has examined x,y,z to the best of its knowledge and belief and authorises the present critical team to start the handover, even if the ABC has only been initiated.
        • The Board authorises x,y,z who have an ABC to be present at the handover of the critical team to ensure knowledge transfer within the organization.
    2. Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic

      • reactivation of "old" arbitrators (update by Brian M, Frederic D, Etienne R)

      • AndreasBäß, ThomasBremer, NickBebout (the secretary handed over a phone number to support to simplify the support by support)

      • Four volunteers declared they want join as Arbitrators; Who is taking care of them, beyond what Ian Alastair did already?
    3. Software

      • Over 30 developers wanted to take part to our work;
      • Have they been all welcomed on board and subscribed to the devel Mailing list?
      • Do they get clear guidance where to start with?
      • Who addresses individual people, according to their own statements, for specific bugs or tasks where they might be particularly helpful?
    4. OrgA (information only)

      • Q: At least three persons wanted to become organisation assurers; Does someone takes actively care of them?
      • A: Etienne did it and will continue to help the new organisation assurers.

  1. Finances

    1. Corporate donors (President)

    2. Details of all the automatic payment registered at the moment
      • on Paypal (~ forecast on our recurring incoming financial resources) (Treasurer)

    3. Details of the donations received in September in EUR and AUD; (Treasurer)

    4. Details regarding the payment of the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019. (Treasurer)

    5. Motion to pay invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR
      • For legal reasons, after the motion has passed, the treasurer has to transfer this amount to secure-U. The money, secure-U became on behalf of CAcert can be used to lower the following ivoices, but not to pay invoces allready sent. (information transfered by secure-U from their Finanzamt)
    6. What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog?
      • -> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;

      • -> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees

      • Paypal Fees CAcert->Secure-U ( in the last 18 months) -> maybe "payout" on Secure-U's bank account?

    7. Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)

    8. Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)

    9. Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)

  1. Software / only the very important ones

    1. Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)

    2. Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)

    3. Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)

    4. Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)

    5. other (new/pressing/...)


Logfile from meeting 2019-10-10


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Etienne, Brian

Apologies: Ross, Peter N, Frédéric D, Peter M, Frédéric G


Guests: Gero, Dirk and some silent readers


Unfortunately, there was no quorum. So, all motions were made on a seven-day-period trough the motion system.


We discussed the main topics:

Thank you a lot for active help to our two guests Gero and Dirk.


We aggreed on 2019-10-17-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.

Chair closed the meeting at 21:46 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting