To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-10-10 (2019-10-11 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 5th September
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 19th September
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 26th September
Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- New Members
- Dominik W, Switzerland
- Peter D, Germany
- Grégoire S, France
- Motion: The board approves the membership proposals of x,y,z and welcomes them to the association. The secretary will send the message and take the necessary steps.
Peter M, Frederic G
- Some people proposed to help us at managing CAcert; Next steps with them?
- Who will do it?
- Nine people applied to the Treasurer open position; How to shape a "financial team" with (most of) them?
- Who will do it?
critical team (main topic)
time schedule (see archive [board members only])
- background check
- Propositions from Brian/FD who pre checked.
Decision at least team leaders
Security Policy (see 9.1.1 and 9.1.3)
Identify local/regional dutch/german candidates
- Motions (propositions/drafts):
- The board asks Arbitration to perform an ABC on x,y,z for their task in the critical team.
- The Board has examined x,y,z to the best of its knowledge and belief and authorises the present critical team to start the handover, even if the ABC has only been initiated.
- The Board authorises x,y,z who have an ABC to be present at the handover of the critical team to ensure knowledge transfer within the organization.
Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic
reactivation of "old" arbitrators (update by Brian M, Frederic D, Etienne R)
- Four volunteers declared they want join as Arbitrators; Who is taking care of them, beyond what Ian Alastair did already?
- Over 30 developers wanted to take part to our work;
- Have they been all welcomed on board and subscribed to the devel Mailing list?
- Do they get clear guidance where to start with?
- Who addresses individual people, according to their own statements, for specific bugs or tasks where they might be particularly helpful?
OrgA (information only)
- Q: At least three persons wanted to become organisation assurers; Does someone takes actively care of them?
- A: Etienne did it and will continue to help the new organisation assurers.
Corporate donors (President)
- We have had a potential donor, who is offering to make a monthly donation, from his company, and asks that he be credited on our website home page.
Related links: https://www.cacert.org (see on the bottom); from 2011; https://wiki.cacert.org/comma/Arsenal/SponsorshipOffering
- Details of all the automatic payment registered at the moment
on Paypal (~ forecast on our recurring incoming financial resources) (Treasurer)
Details of the donations received in September in EUR and AUD; (Treasurer)
Details regarding the payment of the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019. (Treasurer)
- Motion to pay invoice 2018-01, 1107.65 EUR
- For legal reasons, after the motion has passed, the treasurer has to transfer this amount to secure-U. The money, secure-U became on behalf of CAcert can be used to lower the following ivoices, but not to pay invoces allready sent. (information transfered by secure-U from their Finanzamt)
- What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog?
-> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;
-> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees
Paypal Fees CAcert->Secure-U ( in the last 18 months) -> maybe "payout" on Secure-U's bank account?
Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)
Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)
Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)
Software / only the very important ones
Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)
Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)
Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)
Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the next meeting
- 24 or 31 Oct 2019
- 7 or 14 Nov 2019
- AGM Sat 30 Nov 2019 (Sun 1 Dec 2019 in Australia)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Etienne, Brian
Apologies: Ross, Peter N, Frédéric D, Peter M, Frédéric G
Guests: Gero, Dirk and some silent readers
Unfortunately, there was no quorum. So, all motions were made on a seven-day-period trough the motion system.
We discussed the main topics:
- new critical team
- The board is pleased to have new Critical team member to be nominated.
Motion 1: "I move that Tony, Erick, Pal, Brent and Mark's names be presented to Wytze as the Board's recommendations for the future Critical Team."
Motion 4: "The Board has examined Mark Scholten as a new critical team member to the best of its knowledge and belief and authorises the present critical team to start the handover, even if the ABC has to been initiated."
- For local access members: Brian will contact some community members that are system administrators and are living around Ede. Etienne will step in some days later, if there is no answer.
- Dirk had an idea for an ad interim solution to assure the continouity and to save the knowlege of Wytze and his team.
Motion 5: "The Board authorises Dirk Astrath and Joost Steijlen who have an ABC to be present at the handover of the critical team to ensure knowledge transfer within the organisation and that they can take over critical tasks if needed on an interim base until the new critical team is fully established."
- how to integrated new volunteers into the existing team
- Gero proposed to take a more active role, if JanDD accept it.
- Etienne started to get in touch with people interested becoming Organisation Assurer.
- As we got feedback from Ted, that Karl-Heinz ABC is passed (ruling has only to be written), Dirk plan to start support-training late october, early november. So he should be able to take support and (maybe) software assessment-roles.
Thank you a lot for active help to our two guests Gero and Dirk.
We aggreed on 2019-10-17-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 21:46 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting