Committee Meeting 2018-08-17 (2018-08-18 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 22:00 CEST = 16:00 New York EDT = '''06:00 Australia AEST (please feel free to join after the pre-meeting, if it is to early)'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180621.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Accept the minutes from the meeting before.

    6. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    7. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Commitee
      1. Public Officer
      2. Annual General Meeting (Etienne)

      3. Finances (Frédéric)
        1. short report
        2. Invoice Hosting 11/2017-05/2018 €1107.65
    2. Community
      1. France (Frédéric)
      2. other
    3. Bug-Tracking
      1. Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions (continued) short report (GuKK)

      2. Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued) short report (Peter N)

      3. Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records (continued) short report

    4. running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas

      1. short reports:
        1. Australian grant (Brian)
        2. Linux Australia Membership
      2. further ideas
    5. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    6. et cetera

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  3. Question Time
    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-08-17


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: President, Secretary, Vice President


Missing: the other committee members

Guests: Dirk


At 20:10 UTC the president took chair and opened the meeting. The secretary will make the minutes. The committee accept he minutes from July, 26th with two ayes and one abstain (by the minute taker).


AGM: As some members talked about a dissolution, it is proposed to start a large (including the community) and deep discussion about the need and the future of CAcert with no vote at this AGM. If that discussion is overwhelmingly negative, then an SGM can be called in 2019. The treasurer should make a cash flow overview. It is pointed out that our members should be aware, that there are only two Web of Trust: GnuPGP (using the keyservers) and CAcert... (due to GDPR about half of the keyservers are on hold on the moment).

Linux Australia: As there is no mandate to dissolve inc, our endeavor must be to continue. President and Vice President will bring foreward the Grant Application the next days. The secretary draws attention to the possibility of becoming a member of Linux-Australia. They are pretty active and CAcert is Australian to.

The President briefly reports on CAcert activities in North Carolina.

Question Time

No questions from the floor.


We aggreed on 2018-09-07-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.

Chair closed the meeting at 21:19 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-08-17 (last edited 2018-09-06 21:30:31 by EtienneRuedin)