To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2018-06-21 (2018-06-22 in Australia)
(Fix time & date as applicable and remove this comment):
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EDT = '''07:00 Australia AEST'''
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m2018MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Business (all Business items information exchange only, as published to late on the agenda)
- Public Officer
Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions (continued) short report
Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued) short report
Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records (continued) short report
running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas
- short reports:
- Australian grant
- further ideas
- short reports:
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Logfile from meeting 2018-06-21
Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.
Present: President, secretary, treasurer
Apologies: Peter, Peter, Peter, Ross
Guests: Nemunaire, Dops, AlainVaugham
At 20:15 UTC the president took chair and opened the meeting.
The president notes, that all members of both, Inc. and community are always welcome to join the committee meetings as guests.
The trasurer is sure that he could find some prospective arbitrators in France.
<Etienne> I move to accept the minutes from 24 05 2018. The minutes are accepted with one aye and two abstentions (one was absent, the other the minute taker).
Peter N had a phone call with the public officer and helped him to fill in the form. Now, he add his address and had or will send it. The secretary is now waiting for the confirmation.
In Île-de-France is a group of five active people willing to be more active at CAcert (the so called Paris group). This group is interested in Software Development. The president will them put in direct contact with the software team lead. Until then, the treasurer (as member of the Paris' group will ask for curriculum of Paris members and send them to the president privately. So, he will be able to have a view of competencies and wishes.
Furthermore, the president ask, if we can increase the priority of CAcert For Dummies, that is something that might help us with "Public Relations" and, perhaps, bring people back to CAcert.
Bug 1260: There was a problem with the Test Manager machine ( software ). GuKKDevel found out, that version of source code dont match, He is searching. He need the copy of the original system and of the test system. Private copies don't help
Bug 1417: Peter M/N (?) thought about an addon for all browser to create. A browser plug in would be independent of operating systesms. Unfortunately, none of Paris group has experience with browser plug-ins. It is suggested to ask the other 349 995 community members to find an add on developper. It is remembered that furthermore, we could earn money with this addon: https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01/ideas#A15_Licence_fees
Bug 1432 is delayed as some coding for CRLs hade to be done.
We have a lot of bugs that nobody cares about. Maybe someone could take a look with the eye of a professional there. Are there any that are essential? Some are probably already obsolete. The president is sure that one or two of the Paris group could help with that, as long as they didn't need to be "cleared" or approved formally. Everyone can pick up a bug, and communicate it at email@example.com, the list for developers. It is important to communicate on that list. Even if someone is interested in further/long term developments, picking up one or two bugs is a good point to start.
Following GuKKDevel, not the bug list is the problem: at the moment to clear the asynchronoty of the gits; find testers; find reviewers and get information.
The secretary pointed out that the software tean lead reads most e-mails, but does not answer allways. On the other hand, GuKKDevel is a good contact person, as he know a lot too.
The treasurer has 1,452 € in Paypal. The former treasurer failed to send the 2017 membership fee bills trough the ERP (one of the reasons why he resigned). So, we will have some more income this year: membership fees for 2017 and 2018. Gero as pre previous treasurer and Michael as past-past-past-past treasurer could give advices to the treasurer.
No questions are asked.
We aggreed on 2018-07-12-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 21:55 UTC
m2018AMAD.1: Motion to accept Minutes from last meeting
m2018AMAD.#: Motions from the meeting
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting