Committee Meeting 2018-04-05 (2018-04-06 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 22:00 CEST = 16:00 New York EDT = '''06:00 Australia AEST''' for doodle see here

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180405.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Committee
      1. Answer Public Officer
      2. Install Alex as PR-officer and create a subcommittee to help him
      3. 'General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679' Install a working group to prepare a decision paper for board, showing where cacert is now and what is lacking and how to move forward. Following links for board only: Small working group 1, Small working group 2

    2. Bug-Tracking
      1. Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions (continued) short report

      2. Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued) short report

      3. Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records (continued) short report

    3. Some certificates expire next month. Who renews, how to renew? (resolved)

    4. running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas

      1. Will/can someone pick up idea "18 Funding by the EU"?
  3. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

    • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    • et cetera

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  4. Question Time
    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  5. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-04-05


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Brian <bdmc>, Etienne, Karl-Heinz <GuKKDevel>, Peter M. <Peter>, Peter N. <pnunn>, Peter Y. <PeterYuill>


Missing: Ross

Guests: Dirk <egal>, Gero <dops1>, Jan <jandd>


At 20:04 UTC Brian took chair and opened the meeting.

Karl-Heinz does the Minutes.

We placed a soft timelimit of 90 minutes.

Minutes from last meeting were accepted with motion m20180405.1


We are still waiting for an answer of our PO. Not sure how OFT will react.

We created an ad-hoc committee for PR and installed Alex as leader (m20180407.1). Alex needs volunteers, especially needs translators. (de, en, es). Etienne and Karl-Heinz volunteered to help.

Etienne reported that, at behalf on the GDPR possibly causing fines from 2018-05-29, there was built a special small working group.

About Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions we still are waiting for a response from Dirk. May be we should create a completely new Test-system and Test-manager-system instead of waiting for searching lost passwords.

With Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate Peter Y. confirmed, keygenmacro in browsers is deprecated, he has reached a point where he needs access to the test system. He needs to get in contact with Dirk. Karl-Heinz gave a short summary how a solution could be. We agreed to exchange ideas on this subject on to involve also the other possible developers.

Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records could be delayed at the moment.

Expiring certificates where nothing to say about as this problem was already solved by critical group.

Etienne pointed us a link to

Brian agreed to do the reading and give a short summary to board-private.

Karl-Heinz pointed to to get some advise

Question Time

no questions


We aggreed on 2018-04-19-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.

Chair closed the meeting at 22:11 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting



formulate text for media for money collection


checkout how to get a specific blog-entry to be pinned at main-page

Karl-Heinz, sofware-team


bug 1432 "testing CAA-records"

Peter Y., software-team


bug 1417 "unable to create certificate"

Dirk, software-team


bug 1260 "upgrading PHP/debian"

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-04-05 (last edited 2018-04-22 13:10:25 by GuKKDevel)