Committee Meeting 2018-03-15 (2018-03-16 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EDT = '''07:00 Australia AEST'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180315.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Committee
      1. Answer Public Officer
      2. Treasurer handover
    2. Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions (continued) (Dirk will join in)

    3. Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued)

    4. running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas

    5. Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records CA/B-Forum: check DNS' CAA records (see mail from Fri, 2 Mar 2018 22:02:56 at board-private): immediately? or when? e. g. when bug 1417 is solved?

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  3. Question Time
    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-03-15


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Brian <bdmc>, Etienne, Karl-Heinz <GuKKDevel>, Peter M. <Peter>, Peter Y. <PeterYuill>

Apologies: Peter N.

Missing: Ross

Guests: Alex, Dirk <egal>


At 20:00 UTC Brian took chair and opened the meeting.

Karl-Heinz volunteered to do minutes and as there was a timeframe, Karl-Heinz watched the time also.

Links for minutes and agenda were posted.

The minutes from the last meeting were accepted with motion m20180315.1, 3 aye, 2 abstain.

As there were no new point to be forwarded from cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist, action items were discussed. As this were TOPs from the agenda, this will be handeled there.


Amos our new PO from NSW confirmed there were no issues with his boss, for beeing our PO. Etienne is waiting for the confirmation from OFT, the form A9 has arrived at the office. It was sent by e-mail as PDF. Etienne payed the fee and has to be refunded.

Karl-Heinz reported, handover for treasurer is mostly done.

About bug 1260 "upgrading PHP/debian", was said, that one part ofthe test-system is running and accessable but the second part is not. Dirk said he would ask someone else who might know the password for access.

About bug 1417 "unable to create certificate", Peter Y. told he had made little progress on that project.

Then bug 1432 "testing CAA-records" was preferred and Karl-Heinz told he was doing research and found out that on the one side only very few site do have a CAA-record at all and RFC6844 states "... Since a certificate is typically valid for at least a year, it is possible that a certificate that is not conformant with the CAA records currently published was conformant with the CAA records published at the time that the certificate was issued. ... " (RFC6844,page 3) so he thinks we have some time but is working on that subject. As CAcert is member of CA/Forum we have to inform us who is/was our representative there.

About the collecting of money:

Brian sent a mail to the TriLUG-mailinglist and got an answer, both will be appended in ideas.

Etienne offfered a 50 franc voucher from for ideas (14).

Alex (PR-O) joined the discussion and asked for some explanations on the ideas.

Peter M. mentioned the way how linux mint hightlights its donors and sponsors

It was agreed on, to do exchanges of thoughts over board-private-list

Question Time no questiones


We aggreed on 2018-04-05-T20:00 UTC for the next meeting.

Chair closed the meeting at 22:05 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting

Etienne, Brian


do research, who is/was our representant at in CA/Forum -> E sent @ to Benedikt on 22-03


checkout how to get a specific blog-entry to be pinned at main-page

Karl-Heinz, sofware-team


bug 1432 "testing CAA-records"

Peter Y., software-team


bug 1417 "unable to create certificate"

Dirk, software-team


bug 1260 "upgrading PHP/debian"

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-15 (last edited 2018-04-07 11:28:52 by GuKKDevel)