Information for new board members

Committee Meeting 2018-03-01 (2018-03-02 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EST = '''07:00 Australia AEDT'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180301.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Business
    1. Committee
      1. Answer Public Officer
      2. PO's subcommittee
      3. Tresurer
    2. operating system looses support (continued)

    3. Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued)

    4. running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas

      Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    5. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    6. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-03-01


Present: Etienne, Karl-Heinz <GuKKDevel>, Peter M. <Peter>, Peter N. <pnunn>, Peter Y.

Apologies: -

Missing: Ross, Brian

Guests: Dirk <egal>


At 20:11 UTC Peter N. took chair and opened the meeting.

Karl-Heinz will make the minutes, and as there was a time-limit, Karl-Heinz does the timemonitoring too.

Minutes from last meeting were accepted with motion m20180301.1.

There were no new items to disclose from cacert-board-private nor from cacert-board. But Karl-Heinz mentioned that we have to have all a Mailaddress with and they should be announced to cacert-board-private so our infrastructure-team could prepare the voting system proper.

Action items are all covered so nothing to do.


Noone has heard from Amos (PO) since last meeting, so Etienne will contact him.

As Etienne had sent the appropriate form to OFT, we hope the problem with the old PO will be solved. The necessary fee was payed from Etienne private (to be repayed).

Handover of treasurer matters hasn't been done until now, former treasurer didn't respond multiple times.

With branch bug-1260 the source-code was properly changed, but we are still waiting for the test servers and the according sandboxes; we have to wait for dirk. (dirk promised to join in next meeting).

Peter Y. has made some efforts in a workaround for bug 1417 as a .

Etienne built a special page for the ideas to collect more money. It emerged, we have 'to look at a broad social media campaign'. We have a blog, a twitter account, a xing account, a linkedin account. We once had a PR officer Alexander, still willing to do the work. We could send a mail to We aggreed to collect all ideas what and how we could write to that list or any other media on that special page. Etienne aggreed to get in contact to Alexander.

Question Time

There were no Questions from floor.


We aggreed on 2018-03-15-20:00 UTC for the next meeting

Chair closed the meeting at 21:30 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting



ask Amos about filing of form



get in contact with former PR officer about the social media presence



formulate text for media for money collection



get in touch with former treasurer

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01 (last edited 2018-04-07 11:21:44 by GuKKDevel)