Committee Meeting 2018-01-12 (2018-01-13 in Australia)

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EDT = 07:00 Australia AEST

Committee Members: feel free to add business items within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.

  1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    1. Who is making minutes?
    2. Who is time keeper?
    3. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion. Please: update the action item list!!!

  2. Business

    Acceptance of Businesses no later than 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting!

    1. Committee
      1. Minutes
        1. Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2017-12-29

      2. Constitution (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer)
      3. Does it make sense, that we create two groups of two, of which each concentrates on one of the following two tasks: finances / complete committee and activate members
      4. Appoint a member for CAcert Inc.
      5. Appoint a member for the committee
    2. Operation
      1. Finished tasks that have to be voted
        1. ...
      2. Discussion about the current situation
        1. Bug 1417 Consequences for the operation of the CA? Short-term solution possible? Who? (L10N is reporter, but he has no idea of code.)

        2. running out of money mid 2018 (Karl-Heinz)
        3. our operating system (debian 7; wheezy) will no longer be supported, as the current stable version we are bound to will loose support May 31st, 2018 (Karl-Heinz)

      3. Pick-up-tasks (all)
        • Please, pick up a task from the action item list for the next month.
    3. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    4. et cetera
    5. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members may be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well, questions may be asked at "Question Time", without adding those Questions here prior to the meeting.

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-01-12


Present: Brian McCullough, Etienne Ruedin, Karl-Heinz Gödderz, Peter Nunn

Apologies: Alex, Ross

At 20:07 UTC Brian took chair and opened the meeting.

Karl-Heinz volunteered to do the minutes.

There were no new items to disclose from cacert-board-private nor from cacert-board

Etienne reported, he had informed Alex about the subcommittee built (Gero and Etienne) to help him doing the job as PO, and that Alex gave his OK.

We discussed about acquiring further Australian members and/or to find one to act as PO. Peter (as Australian) would try to contact some.

The minutes from the meeting 2017-12-29 were accepted with motion m20180112.1

The committee was constituted, following positions were assigned:

This was accepted with motion m20180112.2

There were no groups built, no new committee member was assigned

Karl-Heinz reported he found that the bug 1417 was caused by the deprecated html-tag 'keygen'. He had asked on the support-team-list for help to find a solution. The only answer he got until now was the recommendation to use a tool external to the browser to generate the certificate-request and then import it into the browser. As there was no satisfactory solution given, we should do further research therefore was moved that

This motion was carried as motion m20180112.3

As we ran out of time the items and were left to the next meeting

The next meeting was scheduled for Thursday 25th of January 2018 20:00 UTC (2018-01-25-20-00 UTC)

There were no questions from the floor

No further business, the chair closed the meeting at 21:36 UTC







try to contact other Australian members to join board and/or act as PO



Do the minutes



Prepare next meeting-agenda



send mail to cacert-support

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-01-12 (last edited 2018-03-13 13:18:39 by GuKKDevel)