Committee Meeting 2017-12-29/30 (Australia)

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EDT = 07:00 Australia AEST, Dec 30th

Committee Members: feel free to add business items within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.

  1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    1. Who is making minutes?
    2. Who is time keeper?
    3. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion. Please: update the action item list!!!

  2. Business

    Acceptance of Businesses no later than 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting!

    1. Committee
      1. Minutes
        1. Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2017-12-03

      2. Constitution (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer)
      3. Does it make sense, that we create two groups of two, of which each concentrates on one of the following two tasks: finances / complete committee and activate members
      4. Appoint members for the committee (Ross Krumbholz, AU; ...)
      5. Appoint members for the Public Officer's subcommittee (Gero, Etienne)
    2. Tasks
      1. Finished tasks that have to be voted
        1. ...
      2. Pick-up-tasks (all)
        • Please, pick up a task from the action item list for the next month.
    3. Operation
      1. ...
    4. Discussion about the current situation (Karl-Heinz)
      • we have to face running out of money mid 2018,
      • our operating system (debian 7; wheezy) will no longer be supported, as the current stable version we are bound to will loose support May 31st, 2018

    5. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    6. et cetera
    7. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members may be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well, questions may be asked at "Question Time", without adding those Questions here prior to the meeting.

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2017-12-29


Present: Karl-Heinz, Brian, Etienne

Apologies: Peter, Ross, Alex

The meeting is chaired by the former vice president, Brian. Etienne will re-group the action items to have a better view. I move that we accept these Minutes, pending the corrections that we have discussed. ( amounts for secure-u payment ) - is accepted with 2 ayes and 1 abstention (from the author of the minutes) As there are many absent, the individual functions are not yet distributed. Ross Krumbholz is appointed member of the committee again. (3 ayes) We are looking for an australian resident board member to replace Alex who will remain PO. To help him with his tasks, the committee creates a PO sub committee and appoints Gero Treuner and Etienne Ruedin to this subcommittee.

Further more, the committee discussed pressing tasks. The current operating systems will run out of support in a few months. Some CAcert specifications no longer run on newer versions. Should we ask the community for money? Or for helping programming? But before, we need to know whats has to be done exactly. The committee need advise from software and other teams. Karl-Heinz is in touch with Dirk. Whether the new test server is already operational is beyond our knowledge.

Meeting invitations should not only be sent to cacert-board, but also to the cacert and the members list. It will be held at Friday, 12th january 2018, 20:00 GMT (Sat 13th jan, 7:00 New South Wales). Etienne asks to complete the agenda.

No questions from the floor. Karl-Heinz gave some information about the release of the resigned cert and the implemention it into our own system. The programming was done by Alex and him. Dirk started to implemnt the source code into the testsystem, but the changes are not implementet yet.

No further business, the chair closed the meeting at 21:27 UTC with the best wishes for 2018.

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2017-12-29 (last edited 2018-03-13 13:25:08 by GuKKDevel)