As there was no quorum, this meeting is resheduled to Friday, December 15th (Saturday 16th in Australia), at the same time.
Find your time zone:

Committee Meeting 2017-12-03/04 (Australia)

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 16:00 New York EDT = 07:00 Australia AEST, Nov 4th

Committee Members: feel free to add business items within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.

As there was no quorum, this meeting is resheduled to Friday, December 15th (Saturday 16th in Australia), at the same time.

  1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    1. Who is making minutes?
    2. Who is time keeper?
    3. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion. Please: update the action item list!!!

  2. Business

    Acceptance of Businesses no later than 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting!

    1. Committee
      1. Minutes
        1. Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2017-11-03

      2. AGM preparation (state/needs) (Etienne)

        1. Team reports (ask the team leaders to write a team report: what happened, what will happen; goal: to have a repport (even very short) for each team) (Gero)
        2. Financial report (Gero)
        3. Board report (Dirk!!)
    2. Tasks
      1. Finished tasks that have to be voted
        1. Invoice received from secure-u
        2. ...
        3. ...
      2. Running out of time items
        1. 005 Membership Fee Notification: Gero
        2. 020 Blog question (see link): Brian
        3. 036 Westpac (state?)
        4. 038 Board Report: Dirk
      3. Pick-up-tasks (all)
        • Please, pick up a task from the action item list for the next month. Suggestions: 029, 032, 043, 044
    3. Operation
      1. Current status arbitration
      2. Current status support (Dirk)
      3. Affilation: booking, spreadshirt & more? (Amazon, German Gas & KFZ, others?)

      4. ...
    4. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    5. et cetera
    6. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members may be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well, questions may be asked at "Question Time", without adding those Questions here prior to the meeting.

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Present: Gero, Brian, Etienne Excuse: Alex The secretary asks the vice president to take the chair until the president will arrive. He will and he opens the Committee Meeting. The secretary is making minutes

On the maillist was some discussion about the invitation for the AGM. As the AGM is on the agenda, the committee we see this later.

Action items: 017: Brian asked for several times support, but he is still waiting for an answer, as support is understaffed. Gero's item are still open, but the items concerning the AGM will be read for the AGM.

The minutes are not ready yet. Etienne will check the logfile after the meeting get the other informed. For the AGM are some team reports ready, the finance report will be ready and for the board report we hope that the president will finish it within the next 23 hours.

It was accepted to pay a bill of XXXXXXXXX for YYYYYYYYYYYYYYy. For the payment, the treasurer needs access to the Australia based Western Pacific Bank (Westpac). This is an action item for month. Gero, Dirk, Kevin and Alex have to fix this immediately. Gero should keep a list with all people having access too the bank account.

As there was some arguing about the invitation for the AGM, the committee checks the facts, the statutes and the rules from the OFT. It is a fact, that the secretary sent a notie to the members with date and time on November 19th. It is lso a fact, that in the invitation itself, sent on November 20th, the time was mentionned only in the agenda, annexed as link. The date was allways mentionned. Since this could possibly be criticized, the committee weighs up advantages and disadvantages to postpone the AGM at short notice. The statutes ask to held the AGM in a six-month-time-frame that ends at December 30th and the statutes say also, that an AGM has to be held in each calendar year (Art. 24). On the other hand, the statutes gives a delay, until when, the members have to be informed about date and time by a "notice" (Art. 27). The fact that the time in the actual invitation was only mentioned in the appendix (agenda list) is considered by the committee to be unattractive, but compatible with the statutes of association (or at least more compatible) than to hold the AGM only in the new year.

From the running out of time items, 005 is now obsolete and 036 and 038 concerns Dirk. For 020 Brian nedds some help, Etienne found an aditionnal information and linked it. Brian will have a look.

As CAcert Inc. is short in income, the secretary propose to find other income ressouces. The committee agreed, but will vote on each new one. It is voted and agreed to become an afiliate from amazon. From the floor, GuKKDevel aks: "As more andd more browsers reject the odl cert, he wants to know what about the resigned root-certs?" They are available already. There is documentation on the web site, directing people to the new certificates, and how to use them, but its not officially. As Dirk who is working on it, is not with us today, the secretary will ask him and post the answer to the community as well as to GuKKDevel.

From the floor, GuKKDevel aks another question: "Is someone in charge for ttp-assurances?" The secretary answers, that on the peer review list are listed four person.

As there is the AGM in very short time and a new committe will be elected, no new meeting is sheduled. The chair close the meeting.

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2017-12-03 (last edited 2017-12-16 11:10:35 by EtienneRuedin)