Committee Meeting 2018-01-25 (2018-01-26 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 21:00 CET = 15:00 New York EST = '''07:00 Australia AEDT'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180125.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Who is time keeper?
    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Business
    1. Accept the minutes from the last meeting (2018-01-12-20 UTC)

    2. Committee
      1. Appoint a member for CAcert Inc.
      2. Appoint a member for the committee
      3. Appoint a public officer
    3. our operating system (debian 7; wheezy) will no longer be supported, as the current stable version we are bound to will loose support May 31st, 2018 (left from meeting 2017-12-29-20 UTC)

    4. Bug 1417 Consequences for the operation of the CA? Short-term solution possible? Karl-Heinz will report

    5. running out of money mid 2018 (left from meeting 2017-12-29 UTC)

      Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-01-25


Present: Etienne<etienne>, Karl-Heinz<GuKKDevel>, Peter Nunn<pnunn>

Apologies: Brian

Missing: Ross

Guests: Dirk<egal>, Amos Shapira<amos, amos_>, Peter Moulding<Peter>, Peter Yuill<PeterYuill>

At 20:23 UTC Peter Nunn took chair and opened the meeting.

The Minutes from last meeting (2018011220) where accepted with motion m20180126.1

Karl-Heinz agreed to make the Minutes for this meeting.

As there was no time-limit given, there was no timekeeper needed.

Because committee was lack of members Etienne and Peter managed to get three Australian members Amos Shapira, Peter Moulding and Peter Yuill to join this meeting and opt for board or public officer (PO).

All three of them gave a short presentation of themselves. After that they were asked about known Conflict of Interests. Which all of them negated.

Amos Shapira mentioned: AWS [where I work] issues certificates for free to its users as far as I know. I don't handle this in my work.

Peter Yuill is already member of CAcert INC., so only Amos Shapira and Peter Moulding had to be accepted as new members. This was done with m20180126.2. After that they were welcomed as new members.

Next was to accept Peter Moulding as member of board (done with m20180126.3) and who accepted to be at board.

After a short discussion about the number of board members Peter Yuill was invited to also join the committee, as he agreed, he was accepted with m20180126.4 and welcomed.

With m20180126.5 Amos Shapira then was accepted as PO and he accepted the election.

About the problem with the new OS Karl-Heinz gave a short oversight

To the problem with Bug 1417 'unable to create certificate' Karl-Heinz reported this couldn't be solved.

On behalf of running out of money there was a discussion to change the server into cloud to save money. But as we first have to getting things back on a running footing first, we ended up with the request of collecting all proposals until next meeting. Proposals should be mailed not only to but also to

As there were no further questions, the next meeting was scheduled on 2018-03-01-20 UTC.

No further business, the chair closed the meeting at 22:21 UTC








Prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting also action item



making proposals how to generate money

Peter Y., Peter M., Karl-Heinz


resolving software problem with bug 1417



fill in form a9 and send it signed to the Office of Fair Trading NSW (OFT) with CC to the secretary (

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-01-25 (last edited 2018-03-13 13:17:37 by GuKKDevel)