Committee Meeting 2014-06-15
The meeting will take place at 08:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20140601.1 to accept the minutes
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.
Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Accept late business by Werner Dworak
Update subcommittee by Werner Dworak
Move CAcert Inc. to another country
Statutes/Organisation by Michael/Jürgen
Policies by Alex-UK
Documentation Officer by Eva
optional: install a DocumentationOfficer
- original request was: provide the name of someone responsible for this tasks
reason: Role of DocumenataionOfficer probably an audit-requirement
reason: PolicyOfficer does not accept the additional workload (and sees a CoI because of PoP)
- reason: there is a WiP policy for this post (COD3)
- reason: there is a volunteer for this post as the role was defined for a while
mail on board public mailinglist: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2014-05/msg00026.html
revoke motion m20140515.8 by Eva
- reason: board probably has no right to come to such a finding
- reason: the motion contradicts itself - most people reading it as that there is doubt about the neutrality of said person, while it starts to state the contrary
- reason: to come to such a motion without hearing or correctly informing the member and without any rational is unfair treatment
- reason: it looks like one of the votes may not be counted because of CoI
reason: it should be no reason to doubt someones neutrality if one declares that 3>1
When is the next AGM? by Eva (moved from Question Time to Business Items by dirk)
- This is a question about a date.
- I just want an answer to above question: a date - or something in the direction of a date.
- I do not ask for any adding or removal of anything. I do not ask for any definition. I do not ask for any motion about any person. I do not ask for any other activity but an answer to above question.
- If there is anything unclear about this request, please ask me about it before entering any other activity or before coming to a conclusion what I may ask for with this question
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
1.1 Meeting Opened by Werner
- Present Werner, Alex, Dirk, Michael(part)
- Werner apologised for not doing anything since last meeting due to lack of time and stated that because of this he wished to step back as president and maybe from board as well. It was proposed and carried to discuss this as part of 2.2
1.2 Minutes of the last meeting
- No minutes had been prepared
1.3 Minutes for this meeting
- Alex offered to take minutes with the proviso that the meeting was over by 13:00 CEST as he had to leave then - Dirk also had to leave at the same time
1.4 and 1.5 Items from Board Private and public lists
- Etienne had provided a proposed job description for Documentation Officer to private list
- it was felt that there were items missing from the agenda due to the lack of minutes
- these included:
- CA/B forum
- Passing of arbitration case
- Key persons list
- Encrypted mail via lists
- It was moved and carried to hold late items open and to deal with them later if time permitted.
1.6 Action Items
- No change - Werner asked if anyone would take over this but no volunteers came forward.
2.1 Late business
- It was moved and carried to accept all late business on an ad-hoc basis and that items would be handled "out of order" becuase of limited time
2.6 AGM date
- It was decided that the next AGM would be 2014-07-20 20:00UTC
Both Alex and Dirk had potention CoIs if taking on the Presidency - Alex offered to stand down as VP to allow Dirk to take on that office as his CoI was significantly less. This was accepted and Dirk was appointed as VP.
- Werner agreed to remain as President in name until the AGM with Dirk taking the active role of chairing meetings.
2.2 Subcommittee and officers
- No change regarding AU members
2.3 Move CAcert to another country
- No change
2.4 Documentation Officer
- Etienne's "job description" was made public.
- No other proposal was forthcoming.
2.5 Revoke motion m20140515.8
- Adjourned as meeting became non-quorate when Alex and Dirk left
- None raised
4.1 Time and date of next meeting
- Next two meetings
- 2014-06-22 evening - time to be confirmed
- 2014-06-29 08:00UTC
4.2 Meeting closed