Committee Meeting 2014-06-22
The meeting will take place at 19:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20140615.1 to accept the minutes
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.
Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Accept late business by Werner Dworak
Update subcommittee by Werner Dworak
Move CAcert Inc. to another country
Statutes/Organisation by Michael/Jürgen
Policies by Alex-UK
AGM 2014 preparation (AGM will be held at July, 20)
Agree Job Description for Documentation Officer by Etienne
========= 1. The Documentation officer is responsible for the definition and maintenance of a standard format for official documents (as specified in PoP 2.4) including the definition of appropriate file formats for publications. 2. The Document officer should periodically review the mechanisms for managing, controlling and updating official documents and ensure that such mechanisms are both fit for purpose and do not unduly delay the publishing of updated documents. 3. The Documentation Officer provides guidelines for writing and maintaining documentation. 4. The Document officer manages documentation that is not managed directly by the relevant teams 5. The Document officer coordinates efforts on improving, altering or consolidating documentation where the documentation is across mutiple teams 6. The Document Officer coordinates versions (and may assist with the publication) of documents within the Controlled Document set and he is responsible for ensuring that the meta-data (editor, state of approval, ...) in those documents is both correct and regularly updated. 7. The Document Officer may advise or make recommendations to teams on providing clarification to documentation. 8. The Document Officer may be required to undertake other work requested by Board or requested by the Community through the Documentation/WishList. ============
Documentation Officer by Eva
optional: install a DocumentationOfficer
- original request was: provide the name of someone responsible for this tasks
reason: Role of DocumenataionOfficer probably an audit-requirement
reason: PolicyOfficer does not accept the additional workload (and sees a CoI because of PoP)
- reason: there is a WiP policy for this post (COD3)
- reason: there is a volunteer for this post as the role was defined for a while
mail on board public mailinglist: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2014-05/msg00026.html
revoke motion m20140515.8 by Eva
- reason: board probably has no right to come to such a finding
- reason: the motion contradicts itself - most people reading it as that there is doubt about the neutrality of said person, while it starts to state the contrary
- reason: to come to such a motion without hearing or correctly informing the member and without any rational is unfair treatment
- reason: it looks like one of the votes may not be counted because of CoI
reason: it should be no reason to doubt someones neutrality if one declares that 3>1
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting Provisionally 2014-06-29 08:00UTC
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
1.1 Meeting Opened by dirk
- Present Juergen, Etienne, dirk ... Eva and Benedikt
- Werner apologised for not doing anything since last meeting due to lack of time and stated that because of this he wished to step back as president and maybe from board as well. It was proposed and carried to discuss this as part of 2.2
1.2 Minutes of the last meeting
- No minutes were accepted (Etienne and Juergen did not join the meetings before)
1.3 Minutes for this meeting
- dirk offered to take minutes
1.4 and 1.5 Items from Board Private and public lists
- Etienne informed, that there had been mails from Eva about an arbitration case board had to answer
1.6 Action Items
- No change - Werner asked if anyone would take over this but no volunteers came forward.
2.1 Late business
- It was moved and carried to add "arbitration mails from eva" and "CA/B-forum" to the agenda.
2.2 Update subcommitee
- Obsolete due to early AGM this year
2.3 Move of CAcert
- Ongoing, work in progress
2.4 AGM (2014-07-20 20:00UTC)
- Etienne as secretary will invite all members via email to the AGM.
- Etienne will contact Tomasz (former secretary) and Michael (treasurer) for detailed procedure and members list.
- Dirk will contact teamleaders for their reports
2.5 / 2.6 Document officer
- Conclusion of the discussion was, that job descriptions of officers are defined by the policy group.
- Resut was a motion, that m20140515. and m20140518.4 were overruled, the DocO Job Description was set back to the previous definition. Etiennes description will be forwarded to Policy Group and PolO will take care to adress it.
- Benedikt explained the CA/B-forum, board agreed to give Benedikt the power to sign the contract in behalf of CAcert
2.8 Arbitration case from board-private
- Eva (as arbitrator) wanted a special email sent to board-private with a complaint. Juergen, Etienne and dirk agreed to check and send this mail to Eva.
- moved to next meeting
- None raised
4.1 Time and date of next meeting
- Next two meetings
- 2014-06-29 08:00UTC
- 2014-07-06 19:00UTC
4.2 Meeting closed
Since the DocO is to be defined by the policy-group, we overrule the motions m20140515.3 and m20140518.4 and put back the DocO to the state it was before. The description made by etienne will be given to the Policy-Group, the PolO will take care that PolG will address the DocO-Job-Description
i move that CAcert Inc. will join in CA/B Forum as interested party and give Benedikt Heintel the power to sign the contract in behalf of CAcert Inc., and that Benedikt Heintel is the Contact-Person to/from CA/B Forum