Committee Meeting 2018-09-21 (2018-09-22 in Australia)

The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

08:00 PM GMT = 22:00 CEST = 16:00 New York EDT = '''06:00 Australia AEST (please feel free to join after the pre-meeting, if it is to early)'''

Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the actions from meeting and actions overview. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20180621.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
    4. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private or cacert-board maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    6. Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

  2. Business
    1. Commitee
      1. Public Officer
      2. Annual General Meeting (Etienne)

      3. Finances (Frédéric G.)
        1. short report
        2. Invoices from secure-U
      4. Acceptance of new members
    2. Arbitration
    3. PR (short report) (Alex?)
    4. Community
      1. France (Frédéric G.)
      2. other
    5. Bug-Tracking
      1. Bug 1260 Make the source compatible with recent PHP versions (continued) short report (GuKK)

      2. Bug 1417 unable to generate certificate (continued) short report (Peter M)

      3. Bug 1432 since september, 8th, 2017 CAs must check DNS' CAA records (continued) short report

    6. running out of money mid 2018 (continued) ideas

      1. short reports:
        1. Australian grant (Brian)
      2. further ideas
    7. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    8. et cetera

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  3. Question Time
    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Logfile from meeting 2018-08-17


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items and Actions of this document.

Present: Peter M, Brian, Frédéric G (left earlyer), Etienne



Guests: Frédéric D, Alex M, Chris B, Gero, later: Alain, Alex (decay, egal, enyc, GolfRomeo, GuKK, Lambert, nemunaire, ynazarow)


At 20:01 UTC the president took chair and opened the meeting (He handed over to the secretary after one hour.). The secretary will make the minutes. The committee accept he minutes from Sept 7th with two ayes and one abstain (by the minute taker).

There are no topics neither from board or board private list to disclose.


2.1.1. The secretary was late to contacte the public officer for private information conserning registration as public charity. If he does not get an answer, Peter N/vice?? will give a hand.

2.1.2 The following week will be a busy week for both, treasurer and secretary to send informations and invitations to the members, while the president will finish the annual report.

2.1.3. The topic is repushed to the following meeting, as the treasurer had to leave for family purposes.

Frédéric D got in touch with French based Free Telecom foundation. They are used to deliver subsidies to open-source community. It is discussed, if Frédéric D should continue this way and the needs of the community. There might be several steps : First, an immediate emergency funding; later in 2019, a huger amount, depending on our actual projects. It is suggested, that with some money, software lead could write what is the most needed code and we may ask to some Indian guys to code it, later software can review it to solve our issues with the old operating system. Frédéric D will work on this with Frédéric G and the president. The secretary will deliver contact data to this people.

2.1.4. The secretary asks Frédéric D if he is interested to become a member of CAcert Inc. He is. It is proposed that Alain V from the Paris group should be a reference. As Alain is expected to join the meeting later, the topic is repushed. Unfortunately, Alain joins in, just one or two minutes after the meeting was closed.

2.3. PR is waking up, having a lot of ideas, sorting them out and starting, but no details at the moment are SPRUCHREIF.

Christophe B gives information about the activities form CAcert in Paris. There is a monthly meeting in the town centre. There is always 1 to 3 assurers and some people join sometimes for assurances and PGP signing. Furthermore "Paris" is present in the social media.

2.6. (as not under 2.1.3) The Linux-Australia-Working group (Peter N and Brian) haven't got as much done as it hoped, as Peter N has been travelling a lot.

Question Time

Q1: Looking for Arbitrators, i.e. volunteers, what is the process to find them ?

A2: If I remember well, they should be senior assurers and accept that our rules and policies are based on common law (like int he UK, not napoleanian as in the rest of Europe).

Q2: How to ask questions at question time without writing access to the wiki?

A2: Questions can always been asked in the meeting; while writing them down on the agenda gives the possibility to the committee to be prepared (e.g. for complicated questions).

Q3: How to get writing access to the wiki?

A3: Open an account, then writing with the pseudo at support @c.o.


We aggreed on 2018-10-04-20:00 UTC for the next meeting. PR meeting is on monday, 24th 20:15 CEST.

Chair closed the meeting at 21:14 UTC








prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-09-21 (last edited 2018-09-26 20:14:47 by EtienneRuedin)