Committee Meeting 2011-07-17

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20110717.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. AGM preparation 2010-2011 (cont. from last meeting)
      • 10-11: Need last bank statement for financial report. Request sent to Kevin.
      • any volunteers for drafting a board report covering period 2010-2011? (unanswered)
      • any other volunteers for pinging the team leaders for team reports? (who pinged which teams?)
    2. Arbitration (Cont. from last meeting)
      • Arbitration seem to be stalled: 3 arbitrations in the queue, last month only one of the 12 arbitrators on the list made any progress.
      • We need more resources/arbitrators. We could review which cases get sent to arbitration - maybe some could be directed to support, or rejected. However, that is of course an arbitration decision.
      • => Issue needs more thought - put on agenda for next meeting

      • From last meeting:
        1. we need "project leaders" to keep these activities going (2 of 3 "nominated")
          1. New Roots & Escrow - Peter

          2. Arbitration - Dirk
          3. Software-Assessment - ?
        2. but also increase the motivation by showing that we actually accomplish something
          1. How?
          2. Which way?
          3. Which channels?
          4. Who?
    3. move CAcert to Europe (Cont. from last meeting) [added late]

    4. Payments accounts - added by Iang [added late]

      1. have all creditors been paid?
      2. adding access by other members
      3. clarification of operating procedures over Accounts - control & governance

    5. Stephan for AE - added by Iang for Wytze [added late]

      1. commentary

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business Three" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

Present: Alexander, Dirk, Ian, Lambert, Mario, Piers.

1.1 Open

Meeting chaired by Lambert.

1.2 Last meeting minutes

Motion to accept the minutes from the last meeting m20110717.1.

1.3 Minutes taker

Piers to take minutes.

1.4 Board Private issues

Nothing to report.

1.5 Action Items

Access to bank account now completed.

Fact finding for OA "apparent security hole" finished as OAO appointed.

Link added for items to be monitored

2 Business

Motion to accept late items passed.

Motion to delay item 2.2 Arbitration until next meeting passed.

2.1 AGM preparation 2010-2011

Financial statements for 2010-2011 received. Financial report to be created in next two weeks.

Lambert will create initial Board Report this week.

2.3 Move CAcert to Europe

Two items under discussion: legal technicalities of the move, and whether Secure-U can be the vehicle.

First need to decide the advantages and disadvantages of a move to Europe, and which European country. Issues are changes in data protection requirements, and allowance of international directors.

Discussion moved to wiki. Will all board members please add their comments.

2.4 Payments accounts

All creditors except Ian have been paid.

Motion that Ian is reimbursed for AUD 1023.40 from the bank account accepted.

There is a need to add flexibility and continuity for access to the bank accounts.

Motion to create a separate team of CAcert members, consisting of the current signatories Ian and Kevin, that has access to our bank account, where they are only allowed to pay after a board motion accepted.

Motion to add CAcert Inc. members Piers and Alexander to the group having access to the Australian bank account accepted.

The treasurer can decide to pay amounts less than AUD 100, all other transactions MUST be authorized by a board motion.

2.5 Stephan for AE

Motion to Accept Stephan as AE passed.

3 Questions

Any comments on advertising proposal as can be viewed in the test page here.

4 Closing

4.1 Next meeting

Next meeting: Sunday, July 31st 2011, 21:00 UTC