Committee Meeting 2010-11-07

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m2010xxxx.y to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. AGM Preparations added by Iang

      1. Finance Report.
      2. Call for AGM should go out by tonight?
      3. any others
    2. Critical Roles added by Iang

      1. approve Michael T for Software Assessor. post from Ulrich.

    3. DNS agreement with ISC added by AlexanderPrinsier

      1. investigate contract offering between ISC and CAcert. post

      2. thank you note to old suppliers?
    4. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    5. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: 14th Sunday 21:00??? UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


tasks to be listed in action items. Minutes below may be flaky as Iang was not properly tuned into the meeting.... Read with care!

Present: iang (flaky), Q, Aphexer, Law. Minutes: Iang.


Chair opened the meeting at 2109.

  1. Chair created motions to accept the minutes of the last 2 meetings.
  2. Action items:
    1. Finance report - Iang reported that Mark has the information, as of mid-week.
    2. law reported that SQL-ledger was installed, needs someone to configure it, any volunteers? Also SSL would be good.
    3. aphexer reports that Organisation Assurers are grouping to help get some new ones up. Some discussion about whether a leader can be found for that team.
  3. Minutes: iang agreed to do them, but said his time is becoming more limited.

2.1 AGM Preparations

Mark is not present, and no finance report. Some discussion on alternatives, but none available. Lack of Finance report blocks the announcement of the AGM. Chair notes that we probably have to defer the AGM.

Discussion on the wip reports at wiki AGM/Next. Agreement to post a motion on approving the text, posted as m20101112.4 awaiting votes!

Iang reports that he has passed his access details for the bank account to Mark (following m20100906.1).

2.2 Critical Roles

Iang referred to a Software team meeting post in which it was decided to propose Michael Taenzer for Software Assessor. Iang: "Michael's plan is to work with the Support Team and find a new t/l from that team and then ease over to the Software Team." No conflict noted in Security Policy.

Q moves:

All in favour, Chair declared the motion carried as m20101112.2.

2.3 DNS agreement with ISC

Floor to aphexer:

Q asks who has reviewed, Law has reviewed and has no objections. Q entered prepared notes from Iang:

Aphexer suggests acceptance be posted as a motion. Agreed, and posted as m20101112.3, awaiting votes!

AGM Preparations (part 2)

Chair noted that Mark was still not present. General agreement to defer the AGM, not to take place on November 28th. Item was deferred until next meeting.


2208 Chair asks for Questions from audience, none received. Chair closes the meeting.



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20101107 (last edited 2010-11-12 12:35:03 by SunTzuMelange)