Committee Meeting 2010-10-24

The meeting will take place at 09:30 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Prepare the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Prepare the action items.

  3. put motion m20101011.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting. Motion m20101011.1 posted.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Annual Report / AGM progress carried over

      1. Financial Report
      2. Board's report - move to approve content
      3. Layout
      4. Are we ready for a date?
    2. How to bootstrap OA for Belgium added by AlexanderPrinsier

      1. Currently only one OA for Belgium
      2. Another assurer wants to become OA, but need two OAs to sign-off. Need they be from Belgium?
      3. Can board allow an exception (maybe with help of arbitrator)?
      4. Similar issues for Italy.
    3. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    4. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items.


Present: Q, iang, aphexer, mark came in a bit later.

Absent: Nick, Law

  1. 11:34 Chair opened meeting.
  2. Q asks to vote on last meetings minutes next time, which was agreed.
  3. Chair opened discussion on action items. Regarding PLI question, we would get invited as personal guests. No update on CC-by-SA. Alexander provided a summary for the OA question.

  4. Alexander will make minutes.

2.2 Bootstrapping OA

  1. Question to the OAO-role of the board: I'd like to get confirmed that it is ok for any OA to sign off on any new OA, regardless of the country. There was a lot of discussion about that, we could give a clear statement about this.
    1. Iang mentions there are no rules requiring OAs to be from the same country as the OA they are signing off. They only need sufficient amount of local knowledge to be able to sign off an OA.
  2. Alexander asks how we can resolve the problem that not enough sufficient OAs are available with local knowledge to sign off a new OA. This is a bootstrapping problem.
    1. General concensus that this is not a problem for the board, but for the policy group and for a new OAO. Currently the board has the OAO role, but the board will not actively do anything in this role.
  3. Alexander will take this issue to policy group and if required make a concrete proposal to the board.

2.1 Annual Report

  1. Q says the financial report is becoming a show-stopper. Q asks mark for progress update.
    1. Mark does not have a lot of time but is making progress. He requires at most another 1.5 weeks to finish the financial report.
  2. The AGM has to meet before December 31st. The call should go out before December 10th.
    1. If we want Special Resolutions, then we need 3 weeks of notification.
    2. Mark: currently no seconded special resolutions.
  3. If we pass SRs, then we also need to bring our rules into compliance with the new Act.
    1. This is a lot of work. Preferably we do the SRs later in a SGM.
  4. Setting dates.
    • 1.Trying to find a date for AGM: Sunday, 28 Nov at 2100UTC
    • Board puts a deadline for the content of the report: November 14th.
    • Call to members about SRs has to go out before November 7th.
    • There will be board meetings on November 7th, November 14th and November 21st.
  5. Mark says members who paid their fees last year can attend this AGM and vote.

3 Closing

  1. Chair asks if anyone has a question. No questions were heard.
  2. Next meeting is on November 7th at 2100UTC.
  3. 12:34 chair closes the meeting.



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20101024 (last edited 2010-10-24 10:39:42 by AlexanderPrinsier)