mailing list is the current hang-out place for software people.
The Development Team (rather than the Assessors).
The teams consist of:
- Software Assessment
- under SP,
- includes Application Engineers,
- appointed by Board.
- Software Development
- informal, submits patches to Software Assessment,
- join the maillist, write code.
- takes patches from Dev, installs it on test server,
- returns test results, sometimes with fixes.
Software/Internships are possible.
- Database is described:
- Source code
(mark the pages describing software with the CategorySoftware label, as seen at bottom)
A new Software Assessment team and project is being built up:
To Software-Assessment - Software/Assessment
To Software-Assessment Current Tests - Software-Assessment Current Test
(don't confound with Software-Assessment-Project team)
Resigned as Software Assessor and Software Team Lead 2016-06-19
- Software-Assessors are bound to SP, SM
- Software-Assessor requirement: to be ABC'd, appointed by Board motion
Procedure to add new team member
wiki-1: add Wiki account name to AllowedUsersGroup
wiki-2: add Wiki account name including motion number new Software Assessment Team member
- mantis: add/change group admin status
- testserver create console account, also ca-mgr1, git-cacert
- testserver ssh key exchange
- connect to cacert-devel mailing list, add as owner
- TL: welcome mail (also info to critical admins) about new Software-Assessor team member
- Status: wip
Current Project Team: see Software-Assessment Project team
- Build Testserver + Repository Server Image(s) (VM) (Wytze, Andreas)
- Create Repository System (Markus, Michael)
- Create Testserver (Environment)
- Build + Document Software-Patches Flow Process
- Build + Document Path Software-Assessment Team / Critical Team
- Build + Document Emergency Patches Path
Bugs Tracking System (a.k.a. Mantis) is where all changes to the software should be entered into, requested, prioritised and tracked.
AuditSystemTasks are some business tasks that should be in Bugs.
Brain/Study/COrbitCA is the renamed CCA Rollout Project?
notes on current development process (customary not standard)
Testing is part of the general Software area:
CCA Patch Testing project has now been sliced up into several mini-patches
One effort is the creation of a new CA in software, called BirdShack. Current situation:
Architectural work from the Innsbruck Software MiniTOP (April 2009).
- Early design notes are in the repo. Hmm, any URL for reference?
we need to rationalise all this doco stuff
The repository is part of the main Software Assessment repository system.
Links and references:
PKISoftware is a list of "competing" products that might fit the bill. Why re-invent the wheel?
Deprecated repository: original BirdShack wiki (cl)
Possum is a conceptual project / idea to do a signing server / secure module.
some ideas to add to BirdShack from Ted.
Software/IntegrationInterface might be new ideas for better interfaces.
In support of software development, there are various systems:
Requirements for Source Code Repository. Starter page rather than a specification, comparisons.
SystemAdministration/Systems/Test is the Infrastructure group's page on the Test system. Running Test systems is a shared responsibility, and, as it is open to download and setup, it is more important that it is done and documented and shared than who does it.