To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-11-21 (2019-11-22 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network. Please check if it is normal time or DST in your time zone.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the 7th November
Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- New Members
- AGM 2019
- Board 2019/20
- remaining and new
- Some people proposed to help us at managing CAcert; Next steps with them?
- Who contact them? At least tell them, that they should become member of Inc the next meeting or at the beginning of the AGM. If there are open positions, the AGM can elect who it want.
What about the remaining ones? For the nominations, see: https://wiki.cacert.org/AGM/Next#Nominations_for_Member_of_the_Committee
- Nine people applied to the Treasurer open position; How to shape a "financial team" with (most of) them?
- Who will do it?
- Finance report (2017/18?), 2018/19
- board report
- team reports
- remaining and new
- Board 2019/20
- Operations of the CA
critical team (main topic)
Report about the hand over https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-systemlog/2019-11/msg00001.html
- background check
- Propositions from Brian/FD who pre checked.
Security Policy (see 9.1.1 and 9.1.3)
Identify local/regional dutch/german candidates
- Thank you very much to the resigning team members Wytze (2008-2019), Mendel (2008-2019) and Martin(2012-2019) for all the work they did in so many years!
Arbitration --> first two lines just for information (read it!), third line as topic
- Over 30 developers wanted to take part to our work;
- Have they been all welcomed on board and subscribed to the devel Mailing list?
- Do they get clear guidance where to start with?
- Who addresses individual people, according to their own statements, for specific bugs or tasks where they might be particularly helpful?
What kind of back ground check for non critical systems? (ABC is out of scope as SP COD8 1.1.2)
- Further readings about CAcert's background checks:
Corporate donors (President)
- We have had a potential donor, who is offering to make a monthly donation, from his company, and asks that he be credited on our website home page.
Related links: https://www.cacert.org (see on the bottom); from 2011; https://wiki.cacert.org/comma/Arsenal/SponsorshipOffering
What went wrong with our Paypal "button" on our blog? THIS IS A TASK FOR THE FINANCE TEAM
-> we are collecting "payments" in AUD and "donations" in EUR;
-> "payment" vs "donation" @ Paypal = higher/lower fees
Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)
Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)
Breakdown of transactions done in September in EUR and AUD on the Paypal account (including newly created automatic payments, added by Frederic D) (update by Frederic G)
Software / only the very important ones
Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)
Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)
Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)
Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
Dummy project (update by Alexander B, Frederic D) --> Postponed to net meeting
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
- Is it true that the solution of the PHP problem is already on the test server for review? (asked in the meeting of 07-11-2019)
- On my way home on the bus today, I was wondering whether there might not be a way to issue the certificate with an addon for Firefox and Chrome. Who should be asked? (asked in the meeting of 07-11-2019)
- What went wrong with our Paypal link on the blog? added by Frederic D.
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the next meeting
- AGM Sat 30 Nov 2019 (Sun 1 Dec 2019 in Australia)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Etienne, Brian, Peter N,
Apologies: Ross, Peter M
At 20:xx UTC Brian took chair and started the meeting.
The next meeting will be on xx-11-2019, 20:00 UTC.
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting