To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-08-29 (2019-08-30 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from 25-July
Minutes author prepares the minutes from 08-August
Minutes author puts motion m2019MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Accept the minutes from 25-July
Accept the minutes from 08-August
- Are there important tasks to discuss today?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Election pledge: The outgoing committee has initiated various measures to get the finances under control. In addition, it intends to bring CAcert to Europe in 2019 (preparations are underway to do it with no need to change policies). This means that there will be an SGM in the first half of 2019 anyway. Then it could be decided: - relocate and continue - or wind up. By then it should have become apparent whether we have got the finances under control. For possibilities, see: https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01/ideas
Secretary's pledge: "(if) each board member is willing to do about 10% more during this transition period (he has) time to prepare statutes (for Switzerland) and (prepare the) SGM."
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- SGM/AGM 2019
Fix a date (Friday 22/29 Nov 20:00 UTC = 21:00 Central Europe = Sat 23/30 Nov 07.00 in Sydney)
Board 2019/20 --> Postponed to 05 Sept
- Peter M, Frederic G
- SGM/AGM 2019
Information to the community about volunteers and funds "big mail" (update by Etienne R, critical)
- It was my fault after Ted said it was possible without Arb to go back to Arb. Now we have a case and it doesn't go on. The time is pressing. Request: We send "Big Mail" as "Small Mail" to all who agreed to get news as long as Wytze is still active without Ruling. To all others we can still write later, if Arb still allows it. (Etienne R)
Grants: open and new inquiries (updates by Brian M, Frederic D, Etienne R)
Linux Australia - Submitting a grant application added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board-private/2019-07/msg00013.html
Possible solution to the issue: Strategic plan to be completed by Brian and Peter M. I may give a hand as well.
Expected outcome of the meeting: receive the commitment of one or more persons who designate themselves as responsible for writing and submitting the grant application to Linux Australia.
Getting support from the Linux Foundation - Which kind of support? added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2019-07/msg00007.html
Direct link to the Linux Foundation web sites:
Expected outcome of the meeting: to understand what the Linux Foundation actually may do for CAcert beyond its marketing buzzwords; to give me clear instructions as to the type of assistance to be requested (financial, technical, organizational management?).
Open Technology Fund - Submitting a "concept note" - Deadline 2019-08-31 added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2019-08/msg00002.html
Direct link to the Open Technology Fund web sites:
Expected outcome of the meeting: informal validation of the draft of the concept note.
open and new inquiries we have now for month 46 ideas++. Each of us has to take one per month to apply, as having the ideas only in the wiki will never bring some funds. (updates from Brian M, Frederic D, Frederic G, Etienne R, Peter N, Peter M, Ross K)
Formal documented plan for our future (needed by both CAcert and people giving us money) (update by Brian M, Peter M)
critical team (main topic)
strategy: A ask ABCed people, B search new people and ABC them, C mix of A&B
procedure (who, what, until when, BCC firstname.lastname@example.org)
- overview ABC for strategy A available
strategy B (see also internal mail Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:26:10)
- strategy C: where are access data deposited?
Bernhard F candidate as Organisation Assurer added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board-private/2019-08/msg00015.html
Expected outcome of the meeting: nomination of Bernhard F as an Organisation Assurer.
Finances --> Postponed to 05 Sept
Westpac (update by Peter M, Dirk A)
Membership fees 2018 (and before) (update by Frederic G)
- The board decides to pay the invoice 2018-2 of €1,324.09 for hosting period June 2018 to November 2018
International wire transfer - A cost effective solution added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2019-07/msg00004.html
Possible solution to the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-board/2019-07/msg00006.html
Expected outcome of the meeting: to give clear instructions to Treasurer on how-to pay the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019 with funds existing on the WestPac bank account of the association. More generally, to give clear instructions to Treasurer on how-to transfer money from and to the association's bank accounts located in different countries.
The board decides to pay the invoice 2019-1 of €1,349.27 for hosting period November 2018 to May 2019
- Operating systems
- Decision: "The committee expresses thanks to JanDD for the great work in updating Infrao02 and many containers with the help of Wytze."
- Next steps (what, who, lead)
Bug 775 (update by Dirk A)
Bug 1305: New root (update) (update by Bernhard F)
Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (update by Brian M)
Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update Brian M, Karl-Heinz G, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
Dummy project (update by Alexander B, Frederic D) --> Postponed to 26 Sept
French version of the association's blog - Getting posts translated quicker added by Frederic D
Context of the issue: https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-translations/2019-07/msg00000.html
Possible solution to the issue: to give me write access to the association's blog, for me to be able to publish French translations of any new content, as soon as it pops up.
Expected outcome of the meeting: adoption of a motion by the Committee members to give write access to Frederic D to the association's blog.
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
ABC for Karl-Heinz G (a20160816.1) added by Frederic D
During its meeting on 2018-11-29, the committee has approved to hand over this case to Bernhard F as Case Manager, in place of Eva S. Why Karl-Heinz G has not been ABC'ed since then? What is the underlying legacy problem linked to Eva S (cf. the mention stalled because of Eva's case in Etienne's pread sheet sent on email@example.com on 2019-07-19 ? What are the steps to be completed to unlock the case?
Access to WestPac accounts added by Frederic D
On Jul 2019-07-10, Kevin D wrote to firstname.lastname@example.org about his past efforts to provide Dirk with access to CAcert's bank accounts at WestPac. The mail received no answer. Is it safe to think that we have no more problem to access to these bank accounts by the web? Is everything under control in this respect?
Big 360K Mail - What's going on ? added by Frederic D
Etienne announced to be going to send the "Big Mail" draft to the case manager, in order to receive green light for pushing it to our over 300K community members (as far as I understood the matter). What is the underlying procedure and who is the case manager here? What are the next steps? How to speed it up, or at least to make sure it won't stall?
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the next meeting
- 5 Sept 2019
- 26 Sept 2019
- 10 Oct 2019
- 24 or 31 Oct 2019
- AGM in Nov 2019
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Etienne, Brian, Frédéric D
Apologies: Ross, Peter N
Guests: @ChanServ, decay, dops, egal, nb, nemunaire, SkarmoutsosV, Skeeper, ted, ynazarov, zerkalo
At 20:04 UTC Brian took chair and started the meeting.
The minutes were accepted: https://motion.cacert.org/motions/m20190829.1 (the first motion on the new vote system; thank you JanDD)
Since August 8th was not held as a formal meeting of the Board, there are no minutes, but a short description of what happened and what the committee did.
Business The order is following the priority. Other items are skipped for next week's meeting.
(2.1.1) The secretary should ask the board/team/inc members for their preference for the two given dates 22/29 nov 2019 20:00 UTC for the AGM 2019.
(2.2.1) As the committee stil does not have an answer from arbitration and time is pressing, the strategy will be to send the 360K-mail only to that community members who accepted receive news, and to the rest later, if approved by arbitration.
- Frédéric wants to send a teaser 5 days before to announce the 360K mail. There is no opposition.
(2.3.3) Open Technology Fund
- Frédéric prepared it with the support of Brian, Lambert and others. The submit date is in two days. The committee see nothing which could hurt CAcert, as basically, we are open-source already.
(2.5.1) The committee contacted all people with an ABC and asked, if they are interested to join the critical team. Not everyone has the needed skills or the time. The committee allready widened the focus to people with the needed skills, but no ABC. This should make it easier to find people. The board will pre-check them and ask Arb for ABC immediately. We should take into account that critical team is, as the name says, quite critical for CAcert, as the only one having access to the database.
(2.5.3) The committee accepted a new Org Assurer "Considering that there is currently no Org Assurer Officer, I request that Board confirm Bernhard F as an Org Assurer as he meets all requirements." https://motion.cacert.org/motions/m20190829.2
(184.108.40.206.) "The committee expresses thanks to JanDD for the great work in updating Infrao02 and many containers with the help of Wytze." https://motion.cacert.org/motions/m20190829.3
We aggreed last meeting on 2019-09-05-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 22:12 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting
sending mails with proposed dates for the AGM 2019