To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-02-28 (2019-03-01 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author puts motion m2018MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Election pledge: The outgoing committee has initiated various measures to get the finances under control. In addition, it intends to bring CAcert to Europe in 2019 (preparations are underway to do it with no need to change policies). This means that there will be an SGM in the first half of 2019 anyway. Then it could be decided: - relocate and continue - or wind up. By then it should have become apparent whether we have got the finances under control. For possibilities, see: https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01/ideas
Secretary's pledge: "(if) each board member is willing to do about 10% more during this transition period (he has) time to prepare statutes (for Switzerland) and (prepare the) SGM."
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Grants: open and new inquiries (BDMC)
- Linux Australia (BDMC)
open and new inquiries we have now for month 46 ideas. Each of us has to take one per month to apply, as having the ideas only in the wiki will never bring some funds. (updates from Brian, Frédéric, Frédéric, Etienne, Peter, Peter, Ross)
- Formal documented plan for our future (needed by both CAcert and people giving us money)
- Mission Statement and Strategic Plan. Who writes a draft? What is the deadline? (decision)
- CAcert for webmail services (discussion, test results)
- Grants: open and new inquiries (BDMC)
- Westpac (Kevin, Peter M, Dirk; update)
- Invoice Hosting 06/2018-11/2018 €1324.09 (update)
- Membership fees 2018 (and before) (Frédéric G, update)
- Bug 1305: New root (update) (Ted)
- Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (Brian)
- Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update) (Brian, GuKK, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
- Dummy project (update) (Alex/FD)
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
- et cetera
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the meetings until the end of March
- Suggestion for the following meetings (given in UTC, in Australia the follwing morning) 21 March 2019 11 April 2019 (clock change in NY 10.3./EU [if not abandoned until then] 31.3./NSW 7.4.)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: bdmc, FD, Peter, Etienne
Guests: GuKKDevel, @ChanServ, decay, egal, enyc, nb, nemunaire, SkarmoutsosV, Skeeper, ynazarov
At 20:10 UTC Etienne took chair and started the meeting.
The minutes were accepted.
- No news about the strategy for instance.
- The secretary made one or two leaflets (draft) about services we want to push and sent them to the president. He is asked to send also a copy to Peter M.
- Funding: Peter M looked at learning about social media options and the person he know, who is an expert, has stopped the training for a few months.
- Etienne and Alkas prepared a press conference/press communiqué (German, English, Czech) for the introduction of Czech CATS. Implementation in March with the PR Officer. (waiting for the PR Of)
- Frédéric D went ahead with the Core Initiative's grant. It has been supporting very much Let's Encrypt and OpenSSL in the past.
- Peter also checked the Linux Aus site to see if they reopened grants. No mention of 2019 yet. Brian copleted: they said that we needed a Strategic Plan, complete with dates, dollars, and supporting documentation, before they would consider a grant.
- Frédéric D got in touch with Jenessa Petersen, who describes herself as a Fundraising Specialist at Let's Encrypt.
- The Mission Statement is our basic Core. Who we are and why we exist. Our existing Mission Statement was written about 15 years ago, so it is time to refresh it. Ideas for the mission statement: Help the online world identify // TED mission statement: Spreading Ideas. The next step, at least as far as Linux Australia is concerned, is to develop a plan to go forward. It may not cover everything, but it should cover those things that we want ( or NEED ) to accomplish to enable CAcert to survive, and even grow. (There is a working group with two members working on this topic: Brian and Peter M. Decision: Brian and Peter M will continue the discussion on board-private with CC to the PR Of and some active members that the board members can read and participate. A Draft will be available until March 21.)
Peter M mentionned a good example for advertising donations (monthly): https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3724 it is a monthly news letter with info about donations and new functions, etc.
- There are some discussion about Patreon. No decision taken yet. Brian will make himself a note and report before Monday. 21:43:22https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/PayServices
- We tested Mailvelope. B found that it was a bit cumbersome, but usable. The question is: If you create your key there, couldn't it be signed by CAcert? If he find time in the coming weeks, the secretary will write to them once.
- Finances: The treasurer wanted to send the Membership Invoices on December 28th, then January 28th, since the, the secretary has no news. We are looking for other possibilities to get in touch with the treasurer (snail mail, telephone, mobile phone, text essage = SMS, or ....?). Frédéric D will try to ask Alain.
- The situation in Paris is not clear. The group dissolved, at least it is the information from Meetup. The information in the wiki are not the same. Brian, Etienne and Frédéric D will look for more information and share them in board-private.
- Westpac: Peter M hopes to get a result in March.
Bugs: 1305: Brian helped Karl-Heinz; this bugs should come to an end in the net few days. // 1260: there are progress. // there was the "email-"patch, which wet productive some days ago and saves a lot of work on support site. Board thanks egal and the critical sys admin. More can be read on the blog: https://blog.cacert.org/2019/02/stability-of-e-mail-verification-strongly-improved/
- What's about meeting over a voice channel next time, such as Whatsapp conference? As an open CA, this should be done with open software. An other objection to a voice-only channel is the total lack of record-keeping. At IRC we have a natural "minute-keeper". A voice conference is more personally. On the other hand, by writing, we are probably more efficient. That is actually a research project for next meeting. If you want to propose a tool other than IRC, please send it to the Board Mailing List.
Peter M suggest to have a look at https://www.globalgiving.org
We aggreed next meeting on 2019-03-21-20:00 UTC for the next meeting. Please be aware of daylight saving time.
Chair closed the meeting at 20:44 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting