To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2019-02-07 (2019-02-08 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author puts motion m2018MMDD.1 to accept the minutes from the last meeting.
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
- Is there a timelimit? Who is time keeper?
Chair points actions from last meeting to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Election pledge: The outgoing committee has initiated various measures to get the finances under control. In addition, it intends to bring CAcert to Europe in 2019 (preparations are underway to do it with no need to change policies). This means that there will be an SGM in the first half of 2019 anyway. Then it could be decided: - relocate and continue - or wind up. By then it should have become apparent whether we have got the finances under control. For possibilities, see: https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2018-03-01/ideas
Secretary's pledge: "(if) each board member is willing to do about 10% more during this transition period (he has) time to prepare statutes (for Switzerland) and (prepare the) SGM."
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Grants: open and new inquiries (BDMC)
- Linux Australia (BDMC)
open and new inquiries we have now for month 46 ideas. Each of us has to take one per month to apply, as having the ideas only in the wiki will never bring some funds. (updates from Brian, Frédéric, Frédéric, Etienne, Peter, Peter, Ross)
- Formal documented plan for our future (needed by both CAcert and people giving us money)
- Mission Statement and Strategic Plan. Who writes a draft? What is the deadline? (decision)
- CAcert for webmail services (discussion, test results)
- Grants: open and new inquiries (BDMC)
- Westpac (Kevin, Peter M, Dirk; update)
- Invoice Hosting 06/2018-11/2018 €1324.09 (update)
- Membership fees 2018 (and before) (Frédéric G, update)
- Bug 1305: New root (update) (Ted)
- Root Certificate Class 3 (end of life) (Brian)
- Bug 1260 (and sub bugs 144x): PHP/Software (update) (Brian, GuKK, Peter M)
- other (new/pressing/...)
- Dummy project (update) (Alex/FD)
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
- Question Time
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting (Wed/Thu 20 GMT = 21 FR/CH = 15 NY = Thu/Fri 07 AEST)
- Agree on dates for the meetings until the end of March
- Suggestion for the following meetings (given in UTC, in Australia the follwing morning) 07 February 2019 28 February 2019 21 March 2019 11 April 2019 (clock change in NY 10.3./EU [if not abandoned until then] 31.3./NSW 7.4.)
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Brian, Etienne, Frédéric D
Apologies: Peter N
Guests: Deacy, Egal, Enye, NB, Nemunaire, Skamoutsos V, Skeeper, Y Nazarov
At 20:02 UTC the president took chair and started the meeting.
The minutes for December 13th and 27th were accepted. Last meeting were interesting discussion, but no quorum, so no minutes.
Business 1. Administration: There was a mail concerning the permission review. Two people have left CAcert some time ago. The secretary will confirm this to support. 1. Future: We had planned for each board member to follow one of the 46 ideas every month to make money and inform the others via board-private. There was no information on the list. Whether and which ideas were pursued is unclear.
As far as the Australian Linux Grant, we are waiting on the revised Mission Statement and Strategic Plan before proceeding. That means: Mission Statement and Strategic Plan have now highest priority! (Peter M.)
- The secretary wrote an article how CAcert can help state schools in Switzerland for a teacher's magazine. As the article was not published, he will try it with a shorter version in other magazines. (goal: OrgA with contribution towards expenses)
- The president replayed to an article in the Neue Zürcher Zeitung with a "letter to the editor", unfortunately not published.
- bdmc and the secretary started the redaction of the general mailing with some help from egal.
It is absolutely essential to continue these efforts. We expect from all February reports at the next meeting.
1. Finances: The treasurer is not present and we do not have any news from him. When the 2018 bills will be sent (expected for end Dec, then for end Jan)? What abut the access to the bank account? 1. Software:
- nobody has thought about the Class 3 certificate in the last days.
- BDMC got delayed on his 14XX testing, but has made some progress.
- Various errors seem to have been nearing resolution for weeks.
- Alain has promised to proofread the French CATS texts.
Question Time FD asks if there is a list with all the nick names, as he gets lost sometimes. There is not, we collect the most important during the meeting.
We aggreed last meeting on 2019-02-28-20:00 UTC for the next meeting.
Chair closed the meeting at 21:01 UTC
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting