Committee Meeting 2014-05-18
The meeting will take place at 08:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20140516.1 to accept the minutes
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.
Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Accept late business by Werner Dworak
Update subcommittee by Werner Dworak
Move CAcert Inc. to another country
Statutes/Organisation by Michael/Jürgen
Policies by Alex-UK
Documentation Officer by Eva Stöwe
Removal of other officer roles
Sealing of a20140422.1 by Eva Stöwe
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Alex, Dirk, Etienne (part), Werner.
Meeting chaired by Werner.
1.2 Minutes from last meeting
The minutes were accepted
1.3 Minutes taker
Minutes will be taken by Alex.
1.4 Disclosure of private communication
1.5 Potential agenda items on mailing list
Five items were identified.
- Email from Eva regarding Document Officer
- Concerns regarding removal of officer roles at last meeting
- Email from Eva regarding sealing of a case
- Email from Michael regarding taking a break
- Email regarding payment to BIT
- The first three are being dealt with in the meeting.
- Michael has agreed to carry on the function of treasurer for the time being as he considers what he is doing.
- The payment to BIT was noted and approved
1.6 Action items
Werner needs to update these
2.1 Late Business
- 2.5 Officer roles
- 2.6 Case a20140422.1 under seal
2.2 Update subcommittee
There has been no change and we are still short of AU members.
2.3 Move CAcert Inc. to another country
- Jürgen is updateing byelaws - Expected soon
- Need the byelaws, probably in English as well to progress policy changes
2.4 Documentation Officer
- Apparently Eva had found a possible candidate for this role and felt it necessary that she had support in her role as Policy Officer
- Board felt it was necessary to define the role better than it had been, bearing in mind the decision to remove the role as it was felt to be unnecessary
- BenBE proposed a "job description"
1. The Document officer manages documentation available to all the teams 2. The Document officer coordinates efforts on imporiving, altering or consolidating documentation accross teams 3. The document officer may advise or instruct teams on providing clarification on documentation.
- Board basically liked this - Alex amended it to remove the "or instruct" from the third clause which was also accepted.
- There was some discussion on transation being something that might need to be considered in this role.
Board also reviewed the wiki page on the role and Etienne offered to write a new "job description" based on the old and the new.
- Board voted to reinstate the role but to keep it "in abeyance" until the role is defined
- It was noted that it was difficult to identify quite what Eva expected board to do or how an appointee might help her.
2.5 Removed officer roles
- Board felt that no further action was needed - if the roles are seen as being needed, they can be reinstated later.
2.6 Case a20140422.1 under seal
- Board accepts that case a20140422.1 and any intermediate rulings may be kept under seal until the final ruling is issued at which point the seal will be reviewed.
- Etienne needed to send a letter to Dominik and to arbitration - he said he'd get it done today (05-18)
4.1 Next Meeting
The next meeting was scheduled to 2014-06-01 08:00 UTC.
m20140518.1: Accept Minutes from 2014-04-27
m20140518.2: Approve the payment to BIT
m20140518.3: Accept formally 2.5 (Officers) and 2.6 (Seal) as late business
m20140518.4: the role of Document Officer is reinstated but held "in abeyance" until the role is defined
m20140518.5: Board accepts that case a20140422.1 and any intermediate rulings may be
kept under seal until the final ruling is issued at which point the seal will be reviewed