Committee Meeting 2014-04-27

The meeting will take place at 08:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20140515.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes of the last meeting

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Accept late business by Werner Dworak

    2. Update subcommittee by Werner Dworak

    3. Decide on sealing of Arbitration case to be handled in #private by Michael

    4. Move CAcert Inc. to another country

      1. Statutes/Organisation by Michael/Jürgen

      2. Policies by Alex-UK

    5. Documentation Officer by Eva Stöwe

    6. Privacy of mailing lists by Etienne

      1. Should the e-mail lists that are accessible only with a certificate on our servers, mirrored by others and the correspondence will so be made available through popular search engines to a further public?
      2. If the answer is no, should the Secretary contact the operators of this kind of mirrors as as they stop their service?
    7. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    8. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Attendees: Werner, Alex, Michael, Dirk (came in during item 1.4)

Meeting chaired by Werner

1.1 Chair Opens the Committee Meeting

Meeting opened by Werner at 8:05 UTC

1.2 Accept the Minutes of the 2014-04-13 Meeting

Accepted by motion m20140515.1

1.3 Minute Taker

Michael offered to take the minutes.

1.4 cacert-board-private Mailing List Items that Need to be Disclosed to Members

1.5 cacert-board Mailing List Items that Should be Put on the Agenda

No items were identified that needed discussion in the board meeting.

1.6 Action Items

Although the action item list should have been tidied, it wasn't done yet. Michael emphasized that updating the "Key Person List" is rather important because we need to be able to reach people in case of emergency. Werner offered to do that.

2.1 Accept Late Business

Eva's mail about the last board meeting was added as item 2.7 and accepted as late business in m20140515.2.

2.2 Update subcommittee

No news.

2.3 Decide on Sealing of Arbitration Case

Was handled after 2.6 to keep the items that needed private discussion together. It was decided to handle this item in private (m20140515.6). The board came to the conclusion that it wasn't entitled to decide anything in this case at the moment because according to Dispute Resolution Policy section 3.2 the Arbitrator has to put the ruling under seal and then Board has to review it. As there hadn't been a ruling yet, board didn't have to review.

2.4 Move CAcert Inc. to Another Country

2.4.1 Statutes / Organisation

The statutes for the new association were discussed but there was not much feedback. Dirk and Werner said that they would read the document and give feedback so we can produce a "beta" version which can be translated to English and discussed in a wider audience.

2.4.2 Policies

The policy group wanted more concrete information about the new organisation before policies are changed to that new organisation. Policies that would need adjusting are at least CCA, SP and CPS. Currently we didn't want to push for the changes any more and work further on founding the new organisation. Alex expressed his concerns that a change of contract parties of the CCA without explicit agreement might be problematic but it was agreed that the meeting was not the right place to discuss the matter.

2.5 Documentation Officer

Michael expressed his opinion that we should either find someone for the job or remove the role because it doesn't help to have a role and define tasks that should be executed by that role when we have no one having that role and therefore tasks not being taken up by other people. There was some discussion how the policies could be changed when there is no Documentation Officer, how the process could look like and whether it could be handled by Policy Officer and Software Team. This discussion lead to motion m20140515.3 which removes the Documentation Officer role.

After that another motion m20140515.4 to remove "Community & Communication", "Marketing Arsenal", and "Application Engineering" was proposed. Alex expressed some concerns about removing the "Community & Communication" role, especially with regard to the notification required when changing the CCA or referenced documents.

2.6 Privacy of Mailing Lists

There was some lengthy discussion for and against having the mirrored open archives of the public CAcert mailing lists. One main problem seemed to be cacert-support the archive of which had been closed some time ago and Gmane received no new posts to that list but there still was a mirror of the old messages there. So the board decided to ask Gmane to remove that archive mirror (m20140515.5). Michael will notify Gmane.

2.7 Eva's complaint about last board meeting

It was decided to handle this item in private (m20140515.7). After a long private discussion motion m20140515.8 was published.

3.0 Question Time

No Questions

4.1 Date of the Next Meeting

2014-05-18 08:00 UTC

4.2 Chair closes the Committee Meeting

Meeting closed by Werner at 12:15 UTC



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20140427 (last edited 2014-05-15 23:24:44 by MichaelTänzer)