Committee 2014/2015 Meeting #3 (Planned for 2015-04-12)

(Don't be confused about the "#3" in the title. Starting with 2015 the naming of agendas changed. Please refer to Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/ for previous meetings of the committee for 2014/2015.)

The meeting will take place at 19:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below.

Others: Add a question to the questions section. Your question may be copied to "business" before closing of the Agenda or as a late item in the beginning of the meeting.

All: If items are added to business or questions please take care, that you and the committee are prepared before the meeting to avoid long discussions. Each item should be handled during the meeting within in reasonable time (e.g. 15 Minutes per item). If an item on the Agenda takes too much time, chair may defer this item to the end of the meeting or adjourn it to the next meeting.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Who is making minutes?
    3. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Accept late business

      1. containing Chair introduces the URL of this agenda to the meeting

    2. Status-Updates (if there is a discussion necessary, please add a new Agenda Item/Question)

      1. Keypersons list (initiated by Eva)

      2. Move CAcert Inc. to another country

      3. Installation Instructions (by Etienne)

      4. Let's encrypt (by Eva)

      5. Forbid Crypto in UK / EU ? (by Eva)

      6. Incident with non-ASCII-characters (by Juergen)

      7. CAcert crowd funding on (or other pages) (by Benedikt)

      8. CCA issue (by dirk)

      9. Translation of CAcert-Website, CCA and Policies into Czech language (by Juergen)

      10. Google Summer of Code (by Juergen)

      11. Membership Applications (by Juergen)

    3. CAcert Class 1 signature.

      1. Re-issuing CAcert Class 1 with SHA2-256 signature. from Benny

      2. New Subroots/MD5 issue with Firefox (by Juergen)

    4. Team changes in Software Assessment Team relevant for Board to do something from Software Team

    5. Funding - CAcert-Funding-Website (by Juergen)

    6. Usage of CAcert Logo, Stamp, Seal. - Board has to act as PRO (by Juergen)

    7. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    8. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. When will the next meeting take place? Agree on the date: Provisionally 2015-04-19 19:00UTC

    2. Question two added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: dirk, Juergen, Etienne

Meeting chaired by dirk.

1.2 Minutes taker

Minutes will be taken by dirk.

1.3 Approval last meeting-minutes

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

Some audit and arbitration issues were named ...

1.4 Business items from board-mailinglist

1.5 Action items

No progress on action list items

2 Business

2.1 Late Business

No late business items were named.

2.2 Status-Updates

This time the status-updates were checked quickly. If they are not needed anymore they will be copied to the next meetings. Some of them were already handled via email during the last 2 months (after the previous meeting).

2.2.1 Keypersons list

The keypersonslist grows slowly.

2.2.2 Move CAcert to another country

There is progress, but nothing new during this meeting.

2.2.3 Installation Instructions

Etienne will compile more during the next week

2.2.4 Let's Encrypt

Eva will not try to stay in contact to Let's Encrypt since there was no mission statement from board. CAcert board will take care of it when Let's encrypt starts

2.2.5 Forbid crypto

There was a discussion about taking a position in political "Forbid Crypto" statements. Board decided to avoid political issues and therefore gives no official statement.

2.2.6 non-ASCII characters

Arbitration case for non-ASCII-characters was not yet picked up by arbitration

2.2.7 crowd funding

No progress currently, will be added later to status-updates again

2.2.8 CCA Issue

The issue about mailing to CAcert members which got the wrong CCA when joining CAcert at the beginning of this this was finished completely

2.2.9 Czech translation

Can be removed from Agenda, was only there to inform board about it.

2.2.10 GSoC (and other challenged)

2.2.11 Membership applications

Felix and Stephan were accepted as new members

2.2.4 Team changes in Software

BenBE will give an updated proposal for reviewing patches to the current SA-Teamlead (board).

2.3 Class-1 resigning / MD5

2.4 Team changes in Software

2.5 Funding

There was a discussion about replacing the "unused" advertising link by "Funding". All present board-members agreed to this after the discussion.

2.6 Seal

3 Question time