Committee Meeting 2012-07-08

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20120705.2 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Request Team reports for upcoming AGM from Officers and Teamleaders added by UlrichSchroeter

      • Financial year has passed. Team reports needs to be prepared for upcoming AGM team report

    2. Business added by Iang Assurer events in Australia

      1. please note the relative shortage of Australian members,

      2. each event can usually encourage one or two new members
      3. possible events include: Barcamp in Melbourne, 28-29 July; LGA in Canberra, January.

    3. Re-appoint Philipp Dunkel as a CAcert arbitrator added by Piers.

      • Philipp Dunkel has offered to re-join the ranks of CAcert Arbitrators.
    4. Affiliate Program with by INOPIAE

      • short report about the efforts during the last CAcert year
    5. Cooperation with GOOZE by INOPIAE

      • short overview about the standings
    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries


1.1 Opening

Meeting chaired by Piers.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from last meeting accepted at m20120705.2.

1.3 Minute taker

Minutes will be taken by Piers.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

Some discussion of emergency payment to Oophaga, which has been initiated, but no news that it has been received.

CAcert Inc bank balances were posted, and request from Treasurer for bank statements noted.

1.5 Action items

No progress reported.

2 Business

2.1 Request Team reports for upcoming AGM from Officers and Teamleaders

This is a reminder that we need to request these reports in time for the AGM. Tomáš will send mail to each Team Leader reminding them.

2.2 Assurer events in Australia

Ian pointed out that we need 3 AU resident members on the Board to meet requirements of Associations Act. Piers has announced that he will be leaving the board at the end of this year, as may some others, so we need to recuit new members and potential board members this year. The alternative is to move CAcert to another country, which, at the moment, seems the harder option.

The only suitable recruitment event available this year is the Barcamp in Melbourne. Ian has estimated the cost for his attendance at $400, (about 5% of CAcert savings). Next year, there is the cheaper option of LinuxConferenceAustralia, but it will be too late to affect the composition of the new board. It was pointed out that recruitment at barcamps has seldom been successful.

Tomáš proposed the motion Resolved that we cover Ian's travel/accommodation expenses related to BarCamp Melbourne ATE up to $400 accepted by m20120709.1.

2.3 Re-appoint Philipp Dunkel as a CAcert arbitrator

There is a proposal from Philipp Dunkel to re-join the Arbitration Team provided the Board and other Arbitrators are agreeable.

As there are very few active arbitrators, this is a welcome offer, and the board should show its approval of his offer.

Motion: that we re-appoint Philipp Dunkel as a CAcert Arbitrator m20120709.2 carried.

2.4 Affiliate Program with

Marcus reports that until June 30 we earned 77 EUR from 27 Bookings. We get 25% of the provison that gets from the hotel.

Unfortunately 26 of these bookings came from Germany and one from the Netherlands, so the usage is skewed to German users. There was some discussion of raising the profile of the service amongst other nationalities.

2.5 Cooperation with GOOZE

Marcus reported that he, Michael, Dirk, and Joost will have a talk with Jean-Michel from GOOZE at the FrOSCon at the end of August. Then he will have more details to discuss for the board.

3 Questions

3.1 CAcert T-shirts availability

Ian asked if the CAcert t-shirts are still available for purchase. Marcus says that the following sizes are available: M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL.

3.2 Internship in Australia

Marcus asked about progress on the Internship.

Ian reported that the internship is going well. The intern has produced the first set of network object code to transfer info back and forth, and produced the basic template for handling the incoming requests, which is now being hooked to a database. The wider methodology for network transfer that is being used is being written up in a report, which is in early scratch draft. The code is in a git repository on Ian's laptop.

Ian is thinking hard about the authentication aspects, security being paramount.

The internship finishes on 10th August.

4 Closing

Time for next meeting has now been agreed: Next meeting: Tuesday, July 17nd 2012, 11:00 UTC

Meeting closed by chair.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20120708 (last edited 2012-07-16 10:30:02 by Piers Lauder)