Committee Meeting 2011-02-20
The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20110213.4 to accept the minutes
Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Annual Report by Iang
AGM added by Iang. Note, this item added after 48 hours deadline.
Voting methods to use VoteBot.
To discuss the question: ABSTAIN does not effect the count of NAYs. Or, leave that to the Association?
Iang's submission only, as not present: Aye to above question, as:
The motion to override the Chair showed a clear preference,
we followed that precedent,
the alternate makes no sense in a binary question (thanks 2T),
we tend to follow the anglo tradition anyway.
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
Question Time Important Note: Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Ian G, Mario L, Lambert H, Alexander P.
21:06 Chair (Lambert) opens the meeting. The minutes from last meeting are already accepted as m20110213.4. Iang is volunteered to write these minutes. Things on private list were either in the agenda, or to be published later.
Action items. Something about categories being sent by Marcus?
2.1 Annual Report
21:18 Chair: "We need to approve the reports. They have been sent, and you were all asked to read them upfront. Are there any questions on the report?"
Board's Report. Discussion on changing the section in the Board's Report discussing loss of access to the bank account. The new text had:
"In the last months of 2010, this board was not able to retain full access to the bank account to faciliate the production of the financial report. This was due mostly to the factors outlined in the main report. Much effort was expended on adding a non-Australian, but this proved too hard. We suffered the resignation of the sole signatory before we could get others added. To address lack of access, Kevin Dawson was appointed as new Public Officer, and with the assistance of Ian Grigg, proceeded to gain access to the account directly through the bank. This involved several trips, a lot of paperwork, many motions and many minutes. Success is not expected before this report completes.
This confused the various roles that Mark had as signatory and Public Officer. Lambert moves:
"That, we accept the new text, change resignation to unavailability, and make it final."
Seconded by Mario, unanimous carried. This motion is crafted into m20110221.1.
Team & Member Reports. Chair introduces the team and member reports. Question raised about a negative tone in some. Consensus that Board does not seek to censor or adjust the tones. Lambert moves, "That, we accept both of them." Aye: Lambert, Alexander, Iang. Abstain: Mario. Motion is declared carried as m20110221.3 .
Finance report. 21:43 Chair opened the topic of the finance report. We still lack the accounts. Alexander suggests we account for what we know, and any differences we put into a line item labelled as 'other'. Mario points out that the Paypal part is done.
Lambert reports that Kevin as public officer has now delivered all the information requested by the bank, and they have forwarded it to 'legal'. We should hear back end of this coming week, we might be in control again in one or two weeks.
This won't be good enough for the AGM. Ian wonders whether the association will reject the report, adjourn the meeting for 2 weeks, and tell the board to come back when it is done. Nobody disagrees...
Agreement that we plough ahead and do a draft report, with gaps. Discussion on:
- who can work on the report?
- where the documents are?
- various transactions and terms found in the current transactions list?
- paypal cross-transactions is mentioned in report or not?
"we create a first version of the report, including board report, diary, team reports, and member reports, put it on our site, and send a link to all members.
In the mean time aphexer makes a first draft; Ian and myself will review and we can add it to the report asap, and send an updated link to our members.
That way they can start with the bulk of the material.
Is that OK by everyone?"
Everyone in agreement. Chair moves on.
2.3 Voting at the AGM
22:16 Lambert recalls that
"we used votebot, we counted AYES and NAYS and did not take into account ABSTAINS.
That's how I'd like to see it this year as well: clear aye's and naye's, and treat the abstain's and people that did not vote identical and not use it in the calculation.
Some discussion on the meaning of NAYS versus ABSTAINS more or less following consensus on maillist. Lambert moves,
"the voting at the AGM will be done as follows: Aye's and Naye's are counted and used to conclude whether a motion is accepted or not. Abstain is interpreted as : I don't know what to vote, so I leave the decision to the members that vote Aye or Naye, and realize that my vote will not be counted."
Unanimous, and carried as m20110222.1.
22:34 Chair asks for questions from members.
Mario (secretary) is asked for an overview of candidates for committee. Mario states that final summary goes out today, and will include info on proxy voting and another reminder. The list of candidates is:
- Lambert Hofstra
- Mario Lipinski
- Ian Grigg
- Peter Yuill
- Guillaume Romagny
- Guy Scharinger
- Dirk Astrath
- Piers Lauder
- Alexander Prinsier
Lambert asks whether members who have resigned in the last year can attend, and whether they can vote? Consensus that it is open to public, but no 'voice' is granted to non-members. So no voting possible.
Alexander asks whether we'll be asked to appoint the three Australians. Ian says "No, we must hold the full election. Then the board will have to figure things out ..." Mario points out the members should be informed of this.
Is another meeting required? No consensus, so proposed that we have a final meeting one hour before. We can vote online on final approval of documents.
22:59 Chair closes the meeting.