Committee Meeting 2011-02-20

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20110213.4 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Annual Report by Iang

      1. approval of the Board's Report and Diary as m20110217.1.

      2. acceptance of the Team Reports and Member's Reports.

    2. AGM added by Iang. Note, this item added after 48 hours deadline.

      1. Voting methods to use VoteBot.

      2. To discuss the question: ABSTAIN does not effect the count of NAYs. Or, leave that to the Association?

      3. Iang's submission only, as not present: Aye to above question, as:

        1. The motion to override the Chair showed a clear preference,

        2. we followed that precedent,

        3. the alternate makes no sense in a binary question (thanks 2T),

        4. we tend to follow the anglo tradition anyway.

    3. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    4. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1. Preliminaries

Present: Ian G, Mario L, Lambert H, Alexander P.

21:06 Chair (Lambert) opens the meeting. The minutes from last meeting are already accepted as m20110213.4. Iang is volunteered to write these minutes. Things on private list were either in the agenda, or to be published later.

Action items. Something about categories being sent by Marcus?

2.1 Annual Report

21:18 Chair: "We need to approve the reports. They have been sent, and you were all asked to read them upfront. Are there any questions on the report?"

Board's Report. Discussion on changing the section in the Board's Report discussing loss of access to the bank account. The new text had:

This confused the various roles that Mark had as signatory and Public Officer. Lambert moves:

Seconded by Mario, unanimous carried. This motion is crafted into m20110221.1.

Diary. Chair introduces the Diary as at Diary. Lambert moves: "That, we accept the diary in this meeting." Aye: Lambert, Alexander, Iang. Abstain: Mario. Motion is declared carried as m20110221.2 .

Team & Member Reports. Chair introduces the team and member reports. Question raised about a negative tone in some. Consensus that Board does not seek to censor or adjust the tones. Lambert moves, "That, we accept both of them." Aye: Lambert, Alexander, Iang. Abstain: Mario. Motion is declared carried as m20110221.3 .

Finance report. 21:43 Chair opened the topic of the finance report. We still lack the accounts. Alexander suggests we account for what we know, and any differences we put into a line item labelled as 'other'. Mario points out that the Paypal part is done.

Lambert reports that Kevin as public officer has now delivered all the information requested by the bank, and they have forwarded it to 'legal'. We should hear back end of this coming week, we might be in control again in one or two weeks.

This won't be good enough for the AGM. Ian wonders whether the association will reject the report, adjourn the meeting for 2 weeks, and tell the board to come back when it is done. Nobody disagrees...

Agreement that we plough ahead and do a draft report, with gaps. Discussion on:

Chair summarises:

Everyone in agreement. Chair moves on.

2.3 Voting at the AGM

22:16 Lambert recalls that

Some discussion on the meaning of NAYS versus ABSTAINS more or less following consensus on maillist. Lambert moves,

Unanimous, and carried as m20110222.1.

3. Questions

22:34 Chair asks for questions from members.

Mario (secretary) is asked for an overview of candidates for committee. Mario states that final summary goes out today, and will include info on proxy voting and another reminder. The list of candidates is:

Lambert asks whether members who have resigned in the last year can attend, and whether they can vote? Consensus that it is open to public, but no 'voice' is granted to non-members. So no voting possible.

Alexander asks whether we'll be asked to appoint the three Australians. Ian says "No, we must hold the full election. Then the board will have to figure things out ..." Mario points out the members should be informed of this.

Is another meeting required? No consensus, so proposed that we have a final meeting one hour before. We can vote online on final approval of documents.

22:59 Chair closes the meeting.



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20110220 (last edited 2011-02-27 09:43:36 by Mario Lipinski)