Committee Meeting 2010-11-14
The meeting took place at 21:00 UTC on 14th and 21st December in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
- Minutes author puts motion(s) to accept:
AGM added by Iang
Approve The Report Text
- in full, with all sections
- should be approved at this meeting, so as to allow time for layout and member reading.
- other items relating to AGM...
Copyright and License of Documents
- Question Time
- Confirm(ed) the next Committee Meeting: 28th Sunday 21:00.
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting.
Minutes will be written once the meeting is finished, with tasks listed in action items.
Present: Q, Iang, Aphexer, Mario. Absent: Mark, Nick.
21:06 Chair opened the meeting, and asked whether the minutes had been read. Members had not had the time to read the minutes, so a motion was put to defer 15 minutes. Aphexer had to leave for an hour. The absence of the financial report was noted. With no financial report, and no minutes accepted, a motion was put to defer the meeting for a week. Carried.
Some discussion on moving the report forward. Iang pointed out the text of the Board's report needs to be read and approved. Some discussion on how the report is published, Q points to a preference to use OpenOffice.
21:30 Chair adjourned the meeting until same time next week.
Present: Law, Q, aphexer and Iang. Absent: Mark, Nick.
2100 Chair opens the meeting, and notes that we are caught up in accepting minutes. Nothing to report from the private list.
Discussion on absence of Mark. As well as the blocking action of the financial report, we have to consider the call for the AGM from secretary, and a potential extension from OFT requested by Public Officer. Which are all from Mark.
Iang notes that Mark's absence has been explained to himself and Lambert as President, and also that it is likely ongoing. We have to plan as if we'll get v. little help.
Can we get access to the bank statements? Can we ask for the statements to be forwarded? And that way, do the finance report ourselves?
- We've already requested that Iang be added to the bank account. The info for that is with Mark, already.
- Q thinks he has access to Paypal, and will look.
- Q will contact Mark and try to get the bank info, access and other things necessary.
Discussion turned to roles. Q: "Can we assign a 'deputy secretary' role?" Or new Treasurer role?
Law and Aphexer look to the Secretary role. Q moves that, "we assign the role of secretary to law, with aphexer helping out for the preparations of the AGM." Seconded by aphexer, agreed. Q further moves, "this assignment of the secretary role is temporary, until Mark is able to take his role again." Seconded by iang, agreed. Motion is carried and combined as m20101122.1.
Q moves that, "I move we assign iang as the treasurer," which is clarified as vice-treasurer. Motion is carried, as m20101122.2.
Iang points out that he accepts under protest as he is already doing too many things, and will continue to drive the ATE-Oz project forward to find more aussies. It is noted that only aussies can easily get access to the bank account.
Work to be done:
- create the financial report
- announce the AGM
- check if members have paid
- send out (links to) documents
Membership register needs to be investigated.
Iang notes the motion has carried as m20101112.1. Community can now roll this out: blog and other announcements, and documentation and process in wiki. Board's task is done.
2207 Chair asks for questions.
Iang provides a brief on the ATE-Oz project: ATE-Melbourne proceeds, likely without Mark. ATE-Brisbane is now negotiated with Linux-Conf-Aust (lca) for 24th January. However because of access restrictions to the conference event, Iang intends to do two events, one inside lca, and the other outside (e.g., in hotel). This will result in 2 nights accom, estimated $300, so more expensive. But the lca represents the best opportunity, so this is still good.
u60 mentions that old spreadsheets of member's list are out of date. The members' maillist is mentioned, but it lacks payment info. The XLS file in the members' mail list is to be updated.
Iang moved that meeting today's scheduled meeting be merged into this one. All in favour, carried. Next meeting was confirmed at next meeting same time.
2227 Chair closes the meeting.
mYYYYMMDD.#: Motions from the meeting