Committee Meeting 2010-09-19

The meeting will take place in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network, at

  1. Sunday, Sep 19 at 11:30AM UTC. Meeting adjourned until:

  2. Sunday, Sep 26 at 11:30AM UTC.

Feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below.


  1. Prepare the minutes from last meeting

  2. put motion m20100912.4 to accept the minutes

  3. Summary of cacert-board-private list since YYYYMMDD and reason for privacy
  4. Update action items


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. How to bootstrap OA for Belgium added by AlexanderPrinsier

      1. Currently only one OA for Belgium
      2. Another assurer wants to become OA, but need two OAs to sign-off.
      3. Can board allow an exception (maybe with help of arbitrator)?
    2. Meetings & Minutes procedure added by Iang

      1. recording of transcripts - SVN, this page, another wiki page, or none?
      2. cacert-board-private summaries?
      3. action items?
    3. TTP-Assisted Assurance Policy added by Iang

      1. Ulrich has started voting on a new TTP-Assisted Assurance Policy

      2. this is a replacement for the old TTP practice. It moves the action and the judgement to the Senior Assurers.
      3. there are some minor code changes requested.
      4. there are few implications for Board, AFAIK.
      5. note that soon enough, Tverify points are being deprecated.
    4. New Members of Association added by Iang

      1. m20100914.1, m20100915.1

      2. Resignations
    5. Arbitration Resignations added by Q

      1. PD
    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Meeting #1

Present: Iang + Law.

No quorum was present at the appointed time of 1130. After 30 minutes, the meeting was declared deferred/adjourned until the same time next week: Sunday, Sep 26 at 11:30AM UTC

Meeting #2

Present: Iang, Q, Markl.

11:35 Q takes the chair, and opens the meeting. Minutes were already accepted by motions put in the voting tool.

Minutes: Iang agrees to take the Minutes of this meeting.

2.1 How to bootstrap OA for Belgium

This item is deferred due to absence of AlexanderPrinsier

2.2 Meetings & Minutes procedure

11:39 Iang introduced the agenda, and commented that the Transcript could go on wiki or on SVN, and we should choose. Iang further comments that he doesn't want it on the same page as these Minutes as it makes the page too big.

Discussion followed on the value of the Transcript.

Consensus emerged that as they are not being recorded, we should continue doing that. No motion was proposed.

Discussion moved to cacert-board-private summaries.

Consensus that Members of the Committee should take responsibility to watch the list and advise. Otherwise, no change was needed here.

Then, Action Items.

Consensus quickly emerged on last point, and discussion closed on that agreement.

2.3 TTP-Assisted Assurance Policy'

12:25 The item was introduced to the Board as an FYI by Iang. The minutes were read in, with some adjustment:

  1. Voting is closing on a new TTP-Assisted Assurance Policy

  2. this is a replacement for the old TTP practice. It moves the action and the judgement to the Senior Assurers.
  3. there are some minor code changes requested.
  4. there are few implications for Board, AFAIK.
  5. note that soon enough, Tverify points are being deprecated.

Duly noted.

2.4 New Members of Association

12:27 Iang noted the two new members, and asked Secretary what next steps were. Markl as secretary will mail and ask for payment of dues {o} .

Secretary notes that recent resignations have been processed and struck off the register. There is no requirement in the rules to accept the resignations.

2.5 Arbitration Resignations

12:30 Q (DRO) reported that mails had been sent out, 3 responded as not having enough time, and one did not respond. DRO is considering creating an inactive list for those in touch, but unable to take on cases at the moment, and is discussing it at Arbitrators meeting. Another email will be sent to the one member not responding, and if no response, will be proposed for resignation at next meeting {o} .

Philipp Dunkel has tendered his resignation, citing time pressures. Q stated, This is a big loss for the arbitration group, although he hasn't been very active lately, he has made good contributions to the arbitration group, and as such to CAcert. Iang proposed:

Declared carried by Chair as m20100926.1

3. Question Time

3.1 Chair opened for questions, and Q posed one: Discussion occurred on the Association Member's list about the funding made available for several ATEs in Australia. Does there need to be wider discussion and explanation? Markl quoted his post, which Q found acceptable. Q agreed to post this as a blog post {o} .

3.2 Mark stated he had received the Treasury info from Q, but it was bits & pieces. It will take some time to piece it together. He noted that there had been a proposal some time ago for a webapp of some form to make access easier. Proposal reintroduced as "install SQL-ledger" being a Perl + pgsql + Postgres app. Some suggestion that it might be better on a separate VM but no consensus there. Agreed we ask Law as sysadm infra lead to ask for volunteers to set this up (!) .

4. Closing

13:07 Next Meeting agreed for 3rd October, same time. Chair declared the meeting closed.




Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20100919 (last edited 2010-09-28 12:13:49 by SunTzuMelange)