- Case Number: a20101111.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Telmo M
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: PhilippDunkel
- Date of arbitration start: 2013-03-18
- Date of ruling: 2013-11-26
- Case closed: 2013-11-28
- Complaint: Name change request middlename
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator AlexRobertson (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Telmo M (C), Case: a20101111.1
- 2010-11-11 (issue.c.o) case [s20101111.251]
- 2010-11-23 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2013-03-18 (A) I'll take case and appoint (CM)
- 2013-03-18 (A) Init Mail
- 2013-03-30 (A) Reminder sent to (C)
- 2013-07-20 (A) 2nd Reminder sent to (C)
- 2013-11-22 (A) Case dismissed due to non response from (C) (Ruling 1a)
- 2013-11-22 (A) Case a20131122.1 opened on basis of CCA 2.5.2 violation (Ruling 1b)
- 2013-11-22 (A) A series of emails between (C) and (A)
- 2013-11-23 (A) (C) accepts CCA and DRP
- 2013-11-24 (A) Case reinstated and Case a20131122.1 withdrawn (Ruling 2)
- 2013-11-24 (A) Request to support for assurance details
- 2013-11-24 (A) Response from support
- 2013-11-24 (A) Request to assurer for details
- 2013-03-24 (A) Response from Assurer
- 2013-11-25 (A) Note to Assurer re CAcert rules
- 2013-11-26 (A) Ruling 3
- 2013-11-26 (A) direction to support to make the change per ruling 3
- 2013-11-27 (A) Support confirm change
- 2013-11-28 (A) Close case
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Link to Arbitration case a20101111.1 (Private Part), Access for (CM) + (A) only)
EOT Private Part
The claimant has failed to respond to three requests to confirm CCA acceptance so I dismiss this case.
I also open a new case a20131122.1 on the grounds of CCA 2.5.2 violation in that (C) has failed to respond to my requests.
22nd November 2013
The claimant responded rapidly to the 1st ruling and has explained why he failed to respond earlier.
I am reinstating this case and withdrawing case a20131122.1
24th November 2013
The claimant has requested a minor change to his account name to correct a spelling error made at the time of registration. Normally this might be handled under precedent case a20111204.3 however 1) this case predates that. 2) the claimant's country appears from the WOT lookup to be assurer-sparse - only 5 assurers are listed within 450 km of the capital (and the assurer who assured the claimant is not on that list) which could make getting 2 CARS statements difficult.
This is only a minor change (the transposition of two letters in a middle name) and the correct name has been confirmed by assurer of the only assurance on the account.
I therefore direct that support make the change requested.
26th November 2013
Support are directed to make the change. For privacy reasons the instruction is in the private part of this case.