- Case Number: a20090905.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Joost Steijlen
- Respondents: Eugen Mayer
- Case Manager: Ulrich Schroeter
- Arbitrator: Alexander Prinsier
- former Arbitrator: Christopher Hoth
- Date of arbitration start: 2009-09-05
- Date of arbitration re-start: 2010-02-24
- Date of ruling: 2010-04-19
- Case closed: 2010-04-20
- Complaint: Assurer with names switched
(Repeat of a message send a few days after FrOSCon (22/8-23/8)) At froscon I met and assured Eugen Mayer. Upon entering the details on the assurance in the system I found that his account stated "Mayer Eugen". First and last names switched. Apart from that everything else seems to be in order. mayer at impressive-media dot de. I hereby request that an assurer looks into the matter. Greetings Joost
- Relief: TBD
Before: Arbitrator Alexander Prinsier (A). Respondent: Eugen Mayer (R) Claimant: Joost Steijlen (C) Case: a20090905.1
- 2009-09-05 CM: Requests CCA / DRP acceptance
- 2009-09-05 C: accepts CCA / DRP
- 2009-09-05 CM: accepts (A) as arbitrator
- 2009-09-05 R: accepts CCA / DRP
- 2009-10-12 CM: request for progress report, answered by phone
- 2009-10-26 CM: request for progress report, answered by phone
- 2009-11-04 CM: requested written progress report from (A), unanswered
- 2009-12-08 CM: requesting progress report from (A), also req. for continue arbitration on this case or handover to another arbitrator
- 2010-01-12 CM: last progress report request to (A) still unanswered.
- 2010-01-12 CM: search for an (A)
- 2010-01-12 CM: notification sent to (C) and (R) about search for a new (A)
- 2010-02-24 A: add myself as new arbitrator
- 2010-02-24 A: send mail to support requesting amount of points + assurances received for (R)
- 2010-02-24 CM: sent notification to involved parties (C), (R), DRO about new (A) in this case
- 2010-02-24 CM: forwarded all mails about this case to (A)
- 2010-02-24 A: received list of assurers from support
- 2010-02-24 A: sent request for information (exact first and last name) to the last 4 assurers.
- 2010-04-14 A: Received 3 responses confirming that the first name is "Eugen" and last name is "Mayer".
- 2010-04-15 A: send mail to (R) asking if he has any certificates issued or not (related to CPS issues).
- 2010-04-15 A: received reply from (R) that he is no longer interested in CAcert for various reasons.
- 2010-04-19 A: convinced (R) to finish this case and keep his account in case his interest in CAcert returns in the future.
- 2010-04-19 A: received reply from (R) confirming he has no certificates issued.
- 2010-04-19 A: make a ruling (see below).
- 2010-04-19 A: send ruling to (C), (R), support
- 2010-04-20 A: support execution finished, case closed.
Three assureres confirmed that the names on the account belonging to the respondent were indeed switched.
The correct first name was found to be 'Eugen' and the last name was found to be 'Mayer'.
No malfeasance was discovered.
The error by the assurers was found to be caused by a misleading user interface on the CAcert website.
There are currently no certificates issued on the account, hence there are no problems regarding CPS compliance.
I hereby give CAcert Support the order to change the name on the account of the respondent so that the firstname becomes 'Eugen' and the last name becomes 'Mayer'.
No certificates shall revoked. No points will be lost on the account.