To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2021-02-04 (2021-02-05 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
This will be a short meeting. You may miss some of your favourite topics that takes a lot of time. You may vote about minutes, agendas, etc. later. The goal of this meeting is to make at least two decisions so that the teams can continue to work as hard as they did in the past weeks. If there is remaining time, we may share some information.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
- Most pressing subjects
- CCA change. (who is in charge?/state)
- Treasurer (discussion; formal decision?)
Financial team (who, tasks): information about elections (Bret did not accept his election. Maybe we should change the focus, instead look for a treasurer, look for an volunteer-accountant - not board member and a 7th board member. One of the board members, called "treasurer", will only be the contact to the accountant (the rest of the time, he can do other things).) Details see here: Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2021-01-07/FinancialTeam
- ABC: Ted would like to know if board is comfortable with the idea that the Background Check itself will not be any kind of test anymore, but more some kind of "risk mitigation advisory session". If this direction of action is OK, he'd like to announce some workshop on policy mailing list for end of next week, which should try to create the checklist of topics to discuss during that session... Unless he hears any protest during this meeting, he will write some invitation and publish it on the policy list. Does anyone think that a wider publication (like on the cacert mailing list or by a blog post) would make any sense?
Bug 1499 Re-Sign-Signer-Class-3-Certificate-processus: invite ... to start and critical admin to take over when it is time.
- .... who takes care of what? who work together with who?
- Arbitration: report on the progress with applicants (FD)
- Business Model "security hardware appliances" (FD)
- Interview with the project leader of the "CAcert for safety hardware equipment" idea.
- Interview with the project leader of the " CAcert for blockchain " idea.
- Infrastructure Status
- Applicants: Welcome meetings
- Software Team
- Critical Team (decision)
- Status of applications for Critical/Infrastructure team (Frederic/Dirk/Candidate)
- Most pressing subjects
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
"Question One." added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by your Question and add your name
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting: 4. Feb. 2021
By alphabetical order.
Members of the Committee being present:
* Brian McCullough
* Etienne Ruedin
* Frédéric Dumas
* Sascha Ternes
* Peter Nunn
Members of the Committee being absent or silent:
* Guy Scharinger
Members of the CAcert community and other guests, having been active during the meeting:
* Dirk Astrath
* Mitch Maifield
Committee meeting - 2021-02-04
- Most pressing subjects
- CCA change. The secretary is in charge, but did not finish the paperwork until now.
Treasurer/Finance team. Details see here: Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2021-01-07/FinancialTeam: To create a finance team: Etienne will contact Bret, Peter N will call the Sri Lankian, Brian the other English speaking, Frederic D the Polish and French ones. The secretary will resent them the list.
ABC: Board is comfortable with the idea that the Background Check itself will not be any kind of test anymore, but more some kind of "risk mitigation advisory session" as proposed. Some members of the committee join Ted on a voice conference about the new ABC at BlueButton.
Bug 1499 Re-Sign-Signer-Class-3-Certificate-processus: invite ... to start and critical admin to take over when it is time. THIS IS ONGOING.
- Question Time: No questions
- Closing at 23:32 UTC
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting: 4. March 2021
Resumee of the voice conference at Blue Button:
It was a good constructive and efficient meting. We are on our way to propose a new procedure for the ABC in the coming weeks. The new procedure is a guidance both about what should be the content of the interview and the way to accept or not the applicant after the interview completed.
On point #1: what we should pay attention at during the interview, which items should we take care to collect.
On point #2: how should we use further what we got on point #1, how to keep it, how to decide formally about our trust in the new comer.
Great work from Bernhard. Looks like CAcert was fun again to deal with for him!
* m20200830.2: Motion to accept Minutes of the meeting of the 13th of August, 2020
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting