To Brain CAcert Inc. - CAcert.org Members Association - General Meetings - To Brain CAcert Inc. Committee Meeting Agendas & Minutes - Board's Project Overview - Current Action Items - last meeting - next meeting
Committee Meeting 2020-12-23 (2020-12-24 in Australia)
The meeting will take place at 20:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Feel free to add a business item within the acceptance period of 48 hours or your question to the board below. Non-committee Members: Committee may choose to convert any business proposed as a question in the questions section.
This will be a short meeting. You may miss some of your favourite topics that takes a lot of time. You may vote about minutes, agendas, etc. later. The goal of this meeting is to make at least two decisions so that the teams can continue to work as hard as they did in the past weeks. If there is remaining time, we may share some information.
- constituent meeting
- information about elections (Bret did not accept his election. Maybe we should change the focus, instead look for a treasurer, look for an accountant - not board member and a 7th board member. One of the board members, called "treasurer", will only be the contact to the accountant (the rest of the time, he can do other things).)
- vice president
- treasurer* (see note above)
- How do we organise ourselves? How do we start our work? How do we proceed in the new year?
- When do we meet? (1 Thursday so far)
- How often? (previously monthly)
- Who can/will invest how much time? ocal points? Who holds the threads together (per focus)?
- Do we still want a "real session" in December? Or do we increasingly work in small groups on focal points? This often seems to be more efficient - on the other hand, it sometimes takes overall meetings to keep an overview.
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
"Question One." added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by your Question and add your name
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting: 29.10. or 5.11. 2020 (only if before the AGM)
By alphabetical order.
Members of the Committee being present:
* Brian McCullough
* Frédéric Dumas
* Peter Nunn
* Etienne Ruedin
* Guy Scharinger
Members and Guests of the Committee being absent or silent:
* Alex Bahlo (apo.)
* Frédéric Grither (sil.)
* Sascha Ternes (sil.)
Members of the CAcert community and other guests, having been active during the meeting:
* Dirk Astrath
Committee meeting - 2020-12-23
The former secretary opens the meeting at 20:08 UTC. He gives the information that Bret Watson declined - he will not be available as member of the committee.
The committee agrees to distribute the tasks as follows:
* President Brian McCullough
* Vice president Peter Nunn
* Secretary Etienne Ruedin
* Treasurer see below
A general idea for the Treasurer: Maybe we should change the focus, instead look for a treasurer, look for an accountant who is not board member and further more for a 7th board member. One of the board members, called "treasurer", will only be the contact / the liason to the finance committee. The finance committee would be in charge of accounting (accountant - little work, it is a simple balance sheet), sending thank-you-mails to donators (someone else), overview Bank account in NSW (someone else), overview Bank account in CH (someone else). See https://wiki.cacert.org/Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/2021-01-07/FinancialTeam for details. The board members have to ask people directly to be 'accountant' or 7th board member.
* Etienne will ask Bret for the WestPac task.
* That is the homework until the next meeting: How much time can/will you invest each month? What will be your focus)? Who will/should be your sparring partner? This often seems to be more efficient as to do all work together during meetings.
* Secretary look, that all will be subscribed at the board mailing list
* Brian remember until January 7 somone from the people who wrote in last autumn that we could ask for acounting
Committee meetings will be in 2021 always on the 1st Thursday of the month: 7.1.2021, 4.2.2021, 4.3.2021, 1.4.2021, 6.5.2021, ....... usually once a month.
1. Next committee meeting will be held on Thursday, 7th of January 2021
The Chair closed the meeting at : UTC.
* m20200830.2: Motion to accept Minutes of the meeting of the 13th of August, 2020
prepare Agenda and Minutes for the next meeting