Committee Meeting 2014-04-13
The meeting will take place at 08:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m2010xxxx.y to accept the minutes
- Chair opens the Committee Meeting
- Who is making minutes?
Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.
Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.
Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.
Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Accept late business by Werner Dworak
Update subcommittee by Werner Dworak
Move CAcert Inc. to another country by Alex-UK
Commend team on response to the security incident 7-8 April by Alex-UK
Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name
Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.
- et cetera
- Question Time
Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name
- et cetera
- Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Alex, Dirk (part), Michael, Werner.
Meeting chaired by Werner.
1.2 Minutes from last meeting
The minutes were accepted
1.3 Minutes taker
Minutes will be taken by Alex.
1.4 Disclosure of private communication
Several items were identified -
- From the last meeting regarding the request to remove membership of CAcert Inc. from an individual. Etienne had agreed to do pass this to Arbitration but nothing there as yet.
- Auditor request about running the proposed audit (Agenda 2.5)
- Documentation Officer role (Agenda 2.6)
Auditor request to allow publication of report on incident i20130810.1 (Agenda 2.7)
It was pointed out that board-private list should only be used where there are genuine privacy issues to be concerned about - the majority of mail should go to the board list. Board also noted that whilst items can be put to the lists, the discussion (or addition to the agenda) of those items is at Board's discretion, and it is assumed that items on the public list will be seen by the subscribers.
1.5 Potential agenda items on mailing list
No items of late business were identified as needing handling
1.6 Action items
The auditor asked it the action items list could be tided. Werner agreed to make a first pass through the list.
2.1 Late Business
- All late items were accepted.
2.2 Update subcommittee
. There has been no change and we are still short of AU members. . The Auditor noted that this represented a non-compliance towards the rules of the association.
2.3 Move CAcert Inc. to another country
Alex' CCA changes need to move to a Policy Group vote - they currently seem to be being sidelined. It was noted that only four people on PolGrp had commented either way. Several board members said that they would "have a look"
- Michael and Jürgen are seeking feedback on byelaws - Alex noted that without an English version it was difficult for him to comment or provide feedback. Michael felt that they were not at a stable enough point to do the translation.
2.4.Commend team on response to the security incident 7-8 April (Heartbleed)
Board recognised the significant effort made by all in resolving this incident. Werner agreed to send a letter (email?) of thanks to those involved.
Alex expressed some concerns over the poor English in the mailing.
2.5. Approve audit plan
The audit plan was approved with a couple of caveats -
- some deadlines are adjusted
- that we are kept informed as to progress
2.6 Documentation Officer
Postponed to next meeting
2.7 authorise the publication of the incident report re i20130810.1
The publication of this document was authorised
Alex noted for informatation that he had allowed the Appeal a20110511.1 to progress to a full appeal and that Ted would act as the Appeal Panel chair
4.1 Next Meeting
The next meeting was scheduled to 2014-04-27 08:00 UTC.
m20140413.1: Accept the minutes from 2014-03-30
m20140413.2: Accept all New Items
m20140413.3: Note of thanks re Heartbleed incident
m20140413.4: Approve Audit Plan
m20140413.5: authorise the publication of the incident report re i20130810.1