Committee Meeting 2013-06-16

The meeting will take place at 09:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20130615.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Nominate the TTP TOPUP administrators Marcus Mängel and Ulrich Schröter by Werner

    2. Oophaga closing down by Michael

    3. New Roots & Escrow project (recuring agenda topic until decision reached) by u60

  3. Question Time
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: Dirk, Michael, Tomáš, Werner

Meeting chaired by Werner.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes accepted by motion m20130615.1.

1.3 Minutes taker

Minutes will be taken by Tomáš.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

A press release to be prepared regarding recent success in acceptance of CAcert certificates, nothing else.

1.5 Potential business items on cacert-board

No new business identified.

1.6 Action items

No discussion.

2 Business

Late agenda item 2.1 accepted unanimously by motion m20130616.1.

2.1 Nominate the TTP TOPUP administrators Marcus Mängel and Ulrich Schröter

AO and OAO would like to appoint themselves as TTP TOPUP administrators (according to TTP-AAP section 5) and request Board approval. Nominations accepted by motion m20130616.2.

2.2 Oophaga closing down

Dirk is now a member of secure-u! Board; this is not a dangerous Conflict of Interest for CAcert, but he will abstain from any motion regarding secure-u! from now on.

The Oophaga MoU has been updated for secure-u! and will be distributed via cacert-board mailing list. Motion m20130616.3 to accept it is running so that all Board members can have a say. President and Treasurer will sign the MoU for CAcert afterwards.

Hardware will be transferred under a sales contract, that is now pending approval by Oophaga.

2.3 New Roots & Escrow project

Benedikt, Martin and Marcus suggest to use the bank vault method for root escrow. There are concerns whether storing both keys and encryption passphrases is the way to go, compared to having the key access team keep passphrases to themselves and storing only the encrypted key in the vault. No consensus has been reached in the meeting; decision is deferred to next meeting so the matter can be properly discussed in the meantime and the proposal updated accordingly.

3 Questions

No questions, just an interesting note from Marcus: "One Austrian state goverment thinks to use CAcert certificate for internal use. Here the first negotiations talks have been done."

4 Closing

Next meeting will take place on Sunday 2013-06-23 09:00 UTC, as agreed during previous meeting.