Committee Meeting 2013-05-26

The meeting will take place at 09:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses
    1. Oophaga closing down by Michael

    2. New Roots & Escrow project (recuring agenda topic until decision reached) by u60

    3. FY time again

      • 30th June is almost upon us again. Which means time to start thinking about the annual report, AGM, etc.
      • Financial report is the historical killer, and it is the regulatory requirement.
      • An invitation to all to get team reports started would be timely.
      • Set up the pages for writing team reports, board report, etc.
      • Good luck!
  3. Question Time
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: Dirk, Michael, Peter, Tomáš, Werner

Meeting chaired by Werner.

1.2 Minutes of the last meeting

Minutes from the 20130512 meeting accepted by m20130527.1.

1.3 Meeting minutes

Minutes will be taken by Tomáš.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

No traffic on cacert-board-private to disclose.

1.5 Potential agenda items from mailing list

No relevant topics identified.

1.6 Action items

No discussion.

2 Business

2.1 Oophaga closing down

The relevant agreements (MoU and BIT contracts) are in SVN under

Dirk will ask Mark (Oophaga) for clarification of hardware ownership (according to MoU the hardware is owned by Oophaga). New updated MoU should be created between secure-u and CAcert; Dirk will handle this after next secure-u meeting.

Oophaga does not have any employees, so it looks it's only the hardware and hosting contracts that need to be transferred. According to Mark everybody involved (Access Engineers) will continue to do their work.

The BIT contracts are in Dutch only, Dirk will ask about an English version/translation.

2.2 New Roots & Escrow project

In previous meetings Board decided to move the topic to the mailing lists for broader discussion of possible alternatives. This has not happened yet, Tomáš will post a summary to initiate the discussion ASAP.

2.3 End of FY approaching

From experience the Financial Report is the main stumbling block and it cannot be started before the end of FY, so no action regarding AGM preparation taken yet.

3 Question time

No questions were asked.

4 Closing

Dirk can't make it on the next regular date (Sunday 2013-06-09) so after short discussion Board agreed to shift the next meeting a week forward and hold it on Sunday 2013-06-16 at 09:00 UTC. The meeting following that will take place as usual, that is on Sunday 2013-06-23 at 09:00 UTC.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20130526 (last edited 2013-05-27 20:14:06 by TomasTrnka)