Committee Meeting 2013-04-28

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m2010xxxx.y to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. New Infrastructure Server by Michael

    2. Oophaga closing down by Michael

    3. OFT Report and Bank Account by u60

    4. New Roots & Escrow project (recuring agenda topic until decision reached) by u60

    5. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    6. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: Werner, Tomáš, Dirk, Peter, Michael

Chair: Werner

1.2 Minutes from Last Meeting

Minutes from last meeting accepted during the meeting by motion m20130512.1

1.3 Minute Taker

Michael will take the minutes

1.4 Disclosure of Private Communication

There was some discussion about the alternative configurations of the new infrastructure server (see 2.1). And Michael forwarded an email from Kevin stating that Kevin has finally submitted the annual report to the OFT (see 2.3).

1.5 Potential Agenda Items on the Board Mailing List

Marcus sent a request to nominate Jürgen M. Bruckner as Organisation Assurer, but that request was only some minutes before the meeting. So the item was deferred to the next meeting.

1.6 Action Items

Michael will ask the admins to send updated access control lists for the permission stocktaking as it's already been more than a year since the last one.

2 Businesses

2.1 New Infrastructure Server

Continuation from 2.4 from the last meeting. Two configurations were discussed via the mailing list. The smaller one would be covered by the donation, while the larger one is more expensive and CAcert Inc. would have to cover some extra costs (the difference between the server price donations from Thomas Krenn and existing donations bound to hosting existing at secure-u, which makes 150-350€ for CAcert Inc). The discussion led to motion m20130512.2.

Official handover of the server will be at the Linux Tag in Berlin. Everyone who can make it, is welcome.

2.2 Oophaga closing down

No major news.

2.3 OFT Report and Bank Account

OFT report is now submitted. Access to bank account for treasurer not done yet.

2.4 New Roots & Escrow Project

No big breakthrough or discussion in the mean time. Tomáš will send an email to the mailing list to get the discussion going. Michael will investigate what the conditions in Germany would be if one would use a bank vault for escrow.

3 Question Time

No Questions.

4 Closing

Discussion about future board meeting dates. Dirk is only available at Sundays 21:00 UTC and that might not even hold for 2013-05-12, others have other preferences. The Doodle done for the last meeting showed that there is no date that suits everyone so it was decided that from now on it will be every second and fourth Sunday of each month at 09:00 UTC with maybe occasional exceptions to include Dirk.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20130428 (last edited 2013-05-12 03:03:14 by MichaelTänzer)