Committee Meeting 2013-03-10

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting (2013-02-24).

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Acceptance of late businesses
    2. Financial report (ongoing)
      • Submission of the summary to OFT
      • Extended version for the Association
    3. Preparation of the SGM Werner

    4. Read-Only access to the online banking for treasurer Michael (ongoing)
    5. New Roots & Escrow project - risk analyze finalized - Whatsup next? - added by UlrichSchroeter

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. What about use of micropayment services like Flattr or Kachingle for funding; added by BenBE
    2. Is there any progress on question of European Community or country foundations; added by Iang

      • is this something to bring up at SGM?
    3. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: Dirk, Michael, Tomáš, Werner

Meeting chaired by Werner.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from 2013-02-24 accepted in meeting by motion m20130322.1.

1.3 Minutes taker

Minutes will be taken by Tomáš.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

Nothing to disclose.

1.5 Potential agenda items on cacert-board

No new issues identified on the mailing list.

1.5 Action Items

Financial report done, key persons update still pending (due to SGM preparation).

2 Business

2.1 Acceptance of late businesses

As the meeting page was prepared just before the meeting, all agenda items are late. Agenda unanimously accepted by m20130322.2.

2.2 Financial report

Kevin wrote 2013-02-26 that the report from AGM hasn't been sent to OFT yet. This means we do not have to request a change, only have to pay the AU$ 31 late submission fee for filing the SGM version.

Michael (Treasurer) had a phone call with ex-Treasurer Jeffery trying to figure out where the differences between the original and revised FR stem from. Conclusion is that the new report is valid and the "alpha" version approved by Board is the final summary to be submitted to SGM.

2.3 Preparation of the SGM

Meeting agenda page has been prepared by Ulrich & Michael. Tomáš will ask Mario to set VoteBot up.

Call was done by personalised e-mail this time, no problems encountered. Many members are not eligible to vote due to unpaid fees, Michael is preparing the accounting system to handle fee payment reminders automatically.

2.4 Read-Only access to the online banking for treasurer Michael

Direct access to bank statements would make Treasurer's life much easier. Some discussion ensued whether a motion is really necessary here as the Treasurer probably already has all the authority to get access. Motion that the treasurer gets read-only access to the online portal of the bank accounts where possible CARRIED.

2.5 New Roots & Escrow project

A long discussion about escrow methods took place with no clear conclusion. To be continued on mailing list as this needs wider discussion and more time. Main points from the meeting:

3 Question time

3.1 Use of micropayment services like Flattr or Kachingle for funding

Possible use of micropayment support buttons for blog posts and the like was brought to Board's attention by BennyBaumann. This could make it very easy for people to donate small amounts. Good wiki pages, blog entries or even specific bugs/patches could be supported in this way. Attaching this to the news items on is complicated by the fact webdb is critical, so the idea is to try it out somewhere non-crit first.

This will be handled in next meeting as a regular agenda item.

3.2 European foundations and the possibility of Inc move

Board doesn't know of any progress in the direction of moving the Association. Some possibilities were investigated by the Community and are documented at AssociationMove.

4 Closing

Next meeting will be on Sunday 2013-03-24 in accordance with the regular schedule.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20130310 (last edited 2013-03-22 19:18:56 by TomasTrnka)