Committee Meeting 2013-01-27

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20130120.5 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair asks whether cacert-board maillist includes any business items that aren't on the agenda yet.

    6. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Financial report (ongoing)
      • Submission of the summary to OFT
      • Extended version for the Association
    2. Appointment of a representative for Arbitration case a20110310.1

      • Deferred from last meeting question 3.1
    3. Creation of a new Organizational Chart of CAcert (see Who will do it? added by BenediktHeintel

    4. Foreign Currencies Michael

      • Membership and password reset fees are USD although our primary currency is AUD and we have to pay our biggest bills in EUR which makes no sense because then we are very vulnerable to developments on the currency markets, pay extra fees for conversion and have more work. Suggestion to change fees to AUD or EUR.
    5. Vote in Policy on Appeal fix-ups added by Iang

      • Policy Group invites input from Board on fixing up the Appeal switch over from Board to Arb Forum.
      • Consider changes in GREEN. Discussions on policy group, cast your vote when content.

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

1.1 Opening

Present: Dirk, Michael, Tomáš, Werner, Peter

Meeting chaired by Werner.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from 2013-01-13 accepted motion m20130120.5.

1.3 Minutes taker

Minutes will be taken by Peter.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

No issues.

1.5 Action Items

No discussion.

2 Business

2.1 Financial report

Kevin is not present to confirm whether the summary was forwarded to OFT.

Treasurer (Michael) is continuing to work on the extended report.

2.2 Appointment of a representative for Arbitration case a20110310.1

Werner accepted nomination as board representative.

Motion m20130210.1 To appoint board representative to a20110310.1 CARRIED.

2.3 Creation of new Organisation Chart

Benedikt argued that the current documentation is out of date and confusing. BenBE offered to draft a new chart with input from Benedikt and others.

2.4 Foreign Currencies

Agreed to investigate establishing EUR account in order to reduce transaction fees for major payments. Werner to commence investigation. Discussion of changing fees to EUR deferred until the board has a better understanding of why USD chosen initially

2.5 Vote on Policy on Appeal fix-ups

Board agrees with the removal of the board as appeal panel for DRP.

Motion m20130210.2 Board agrees with the removal of Board as the appeal panel from the DRP - CARRIED

3 Question time

Uli asked board to consider iang's key escrow paper

4 Closing

Next regular meeting will be in two weeks (2013-02-10 21:00 UTC).


Inputs & Thoughts

Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20130127 (last edited 2013-02-10 23:48:16 by UlrichSchroeter)