Committee Meeting 2012-06-24

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20120624.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses
    1. Business added by Jeffery Frederick Discussion of Hosting payment

    2. Business added by Werner Dworak Appoint Marek Michał Mazur to Support Engineer

    3. Business added by Werner Dworak Accept Marek Michał Mazur as a member of CAcert Association

      • Marek was nominated by Marcus Mängel and seconded by Werner Dworak, Guillaume Romagny and Ulrich Schroeter.
    4. Business added by Iang Assurer events in Australia

      1. please note the relative shortage of Australian members,

      2. each event can usually encourage one or two new members
      3. possible events include: Barcamp in Melbourne, 28-29 July; LGA in Canberra, January.

    5. Late Business added by Werner Dworak Accept David Neil Buist McIlwraith as a member of CAcert Association

      • David was nominated by Marcus Mängel and seconded by Werner Dworak.
  3. Question Time
  4. Closing
    1. Agree on date of the next Committee Meeting
    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries

Present: Dirk (since 21:24), Jeffery, Michael, Piers, Raoul, Tomáš, Werner Apologies: Iang@work

1.1 Opening

Meeting chaired by Piers, minutes taken by Tomáš.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes published just a day ago and thus not read by everybody yet, vote still pending.

1.4 Disclosure of board-private communication

No private communication took place except for the payment request by Oophaga (business item 2.1).

1.5 Action items

Permissions stocktaking: permissions for board members and TVerify admins have been reset, next scheduled script run on 2012-07-01.

Michael asked PR officer for the blogpost, PR officer is currently busy but may have more time soon.

Nothing new from Affiliate.

2 Business

2.1 Payment request by Oophaga

Regular hosting payment for Q1+Q2 requested by Robert from Oophaga. No invoice currently available due to personal circumstances, one will be provided later. Since this is a regular payment for BIT hosting, Board agrees that Treasurer shall authorise Ian to make the payment (approved outside meeting by m20120622.1).

Proposal to empower Treasurer to make regular hosting payments to Oophaga without involving Board has been withdrawn - this is supposed to be a once-off situation, we will usually get an invoice beforehand and follow proper procedure.

Suitable location for storing the invoice and similar documents will be discussed, private area of SVN has been suggested.

2.2 Appoint Marek Michał Mazur to Support Engineer

Successfully ABCd, initiation of ABC by Support team leader counts as an proposal to appoint the candidate - motion m20120628.1 carried.

2.3 Accept Marek Michał Mazur as an Association Member

Membership application accepted by m20120628.2.

2.4 Assurer events in Australia

Ian is not present and the funding requirements are not clear, deferring to a mail discussion.

2.5 Accept David Neil Buist McIlwraith as an Association Member

This was a late agenda item, accepted by m20120628.3/m20120705.1.

Membership application accepted by m20120628.4.

3 Question time

Michael asked about the internship in progress, Piers suggested that we wait for Ian to report, hopefully at the next meeting.

4 Closing

Next meeting will take place on Sunday 2012-07-08 at 21:00 UTC in #board-meeting.

Raoul proposed to start planning the meeting after that right away using Doodle.

Meeting closed by chair at 21:58.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20120624 (last edited 2012-07-05 21:46:25 by TomasTrnka)