Committee Meeting 2012-04-22

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts m20120327.4 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses

    Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Acceptance of new Inc member added by UlrichSchroeter

    2. Recent Security Incidents added by Iang

      • are they resolved? Is there anything as per SP5.6?

    3. DPA issue (reloaded) added by UlrichSchroeter

      • request from Software-Assessment project team meeting
    4. Permissions review (reloaded) added by UlrichSchroeter

    5. Arbitrator nomination added by UlrichSchroeter (late added agenda item)

  3. Question Time

    Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month 20:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1 Preliminaries


1.1 Opening

Meeting chaired by Piers.

1.2 Minutes from last meeting

Minutes from last meeting accepted by m20120327.4.

1.3 Minute taker

Minutes will be taken by Piers.

1.4 Disclosure of private communication

Nothing disclosed.

1.5 Action items

Dirk reports that software added the to a more prominent location, see

2 Business

2.1 Acceptance of new Inc member

Motion proposed: Accept Reinhard Mutz as new Inc member m20120422.1.

2.2 Recent Security Incidents

Michael discussed with Wytze the possible effects on us by the recently discovered vulnerability in OpenSSL:

Michael will ask Joost to publish an incident report as per SP5.6.

2.3 DPA issue (reloaded)

There is a proposal from Philipp Dunkel, see: msg00011.html

The proposal should be forwarded to the Policy Group if the Board thinks it viable.

Motion: That board proposes the role of the supervisor general as proposed by Philipp Dunkel to the policy group for further consideration. m20120422.2.

2.4 Permissions review (reloaded)

Ulrich has prepared an intermediate ruling on the issue from the last board meeting, open for review - please see: Intermediate Ruling

2.5 Arbitrator nomination

Alex Robertson has been proposed as an arbitrator by Ulrich, see: msg00020.html.

No response from Arbitration Teaam Leader as yet, so motion to accept Alex proposed: that we accept the nomination of Alec Robertson to the Arbitration team m20120422.3.

3 Questions

No Questions.

4 Closing

Time for next meeting yet to be agreed.

Please choose available slots on: doodle.

Meeting closed by chair.


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20120422 (last edited 2012-05-04 13:06:44 by MichaelTänzer)