Committee Meeting 2011-11-06

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20101106.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    2. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Present: Lambert, Ian, Dirk, Mario

Mario to make minutes.

Board-private list: Mails regarding key persons list.

Infrastructure Hosting

This item was accepted as urgent business.

Mario: A team (basically as part of the software team) has put forward the task of infrastructure separation. Currently some hosting / housing options are evaluated. To move forward board is asked for the input. Does board want this project to move on? How should the contracts be arranges: Does CAcert Inc. want to be contractor or do we prefer another entity like secure-u e.V.? Does CAcert want to pay for it or do we prefer having sponsors?

Intentions so far suggest that all non-critical systems are taken out of BIT and plans include secure-u e.V. as contract party and sponsors for paying for the service. Systems which are critical / non-critical are defined in SP and documented at .

As location currently Funkfeuer housing is discussed or a Serverhosting provider who provides the hardware. For Housing (Funkfeuer) we would need a local contact who can get physical access to the server. A Rootserver will be able to be managed completely remotely and if that is not possible (hardware breaks) the provider will care for it. However, the latter may be more expensive. Costs are between 40 and 90 EUR per Month.

Mario moved that board supports the infrastructure seperation project to find hosting for CAcerts non-critical infrastructure seperated from the hosting which is defined under SP for critical systems. Seconded by Lambert. Passed as m20111113.3.

Mario moved that CAcert Inc. prefers not to be contractor for infrastructure hosting and encourages the project team to liase with organisations like secure-u e.V. to be party of the contract. Seconded by Lambert. Passed as m20111113.4.

Mario moved that CAcert Inc. encourages the project team to find sponsors for funding the project. Seconded by Lambert. Passed as m20111113.5.

Oophaga payment

Motion for oophaga payment is carried (4 ayes), but three days are left.

AGM / SGM minutes

Dirk is doing minutes for AGM and SGM. Will be added to the wiki when finished. To be archived at

To get an account for SVN email

Thawte Mailing

Motion passed. Mails are not sent out yet. Teams still have to figure out how to send out this many mails.

Question time

Rule change proposals by Ulrich

An issue was raised, that we might not be able to change rules unless they are in full compliance with the new association act. The rule changes try to get the new rules in compliance with the new act.

It was noted that CAcert Inc. is a tier 2 association, meaning no external audit for the financial report is needed.


Next meeting will be on sunday 13, 21.00 GMT.