Committee Meeting 2011-07-03

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20110703.2 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. AGM preparation 2010-2011 (cont. from last meeting)
      • 10-11: Need last bank statement for financial report. Request sent to Kevin.
      • any volunteers for drafting a board report covering period 2010-2011? (unanswered)
      • any other volunteers for pinging the team leaders for team reports? (who pinged which teams?)
    2. Arbitration (Cont. from last meeting)
      • Arbitration seem to be stalled: 3 arbitrations in the queue, last month only one of the 12 aribitrators on the list made any progress.
      • We need more resources/arbitrators. We could review which cases get sent to arbitration - maybe some could be directed to support, or rejected. However, that is of course an arbitration decision.
      • => Issue needs more thought - put on agenda for next meeting

      • From last meeting:
        1. we need "project leaders" to keep these activities going (2 of 3 "nominated")
          1. New Roots & Escrow - Peter

          2. Arbitration - Dirk
          3. Software-Assessment - ?
        2. but also increase the motivation by showing that we actually accomplish something
          1. How?
          2. Which way?
          3. Which channels?
          4. Who?
    3. Financial Report 2009-1010
      1. new statements processed by Alexander. Updated financial report sent to board-private to review. Need to approve and publish.
      2. update pdf necessary?
    4. Software-Testers Reward Challenge 2011 - Results / Review (added by u60)
    5. Advertising LogosForSale

    6. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    7. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question from Secure-u about renaming Secure-u to CAcert eV (by Secure-u, dirk)
    2. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


Present: Alexander, Lambert, Mario, Peter, Piers.

1.1 Open

Meeting chaired by Lambert.

1.2 Last meeting minutes

Minutes from the last meeting delayed.

1.3 Minutes taker

Piers to take minutes.

As time constraints will curtail this meeting, Lambert moved a motion to postpone non-AGM agenda items to a further meeting next week m20110703.1

2.1 AGM preparations

Three items:

  1. Financial
    • Bank statements due from Ian and/or Kevin. Alexander will create a first draft of the finance report. The OFT needs an official format (Form A12 - requires only 5 finance numbers that can be extracted from the report, PDF available here).

  2. Board reports
    • Needs a volunteer to write these. Lambert volunteered to write the initial framework.
  3. Team reports
    • Team leaders need to be pinged. Mario will ping them next week.

A date needs to be chosen for the meeting within 6 months of the end of the financial year (ending on June 30th). Usual date is in November. Will decide on date soon.

Meeting to be continued

Meeting to be continued next: Sunday, July 10th 2011, 21:00 UTC


Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20110703 (last edited 2011-07-20 04:16:27 by Piers Lauder)