Committee Meeting 2011-04-17

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts motion m20110417.2 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. Accept the following agenda items (added late)
    2. Alexander to speak on Organisation Assurance (action item)
    3. Key persons list (action item)
    4. Implementation of Rule 23b (action item)
    5. wiki page

    6. Security Officer
      1. Proposed by Ulrich during last meetings question time
    7. Send thank-you messages to big donators
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1. Preliminaries

Present: Alexander, Dirk, Ian, Lambert, Peter, Piers, Mario.

Minutes from last meeting accepted m20110417.2

Piers to take minutes.

Nothing on private list to discuss.

1.5 Action items

AGM minutes

Noted that these are created, then discussion re absence of SGM minutes. Disk and Peter volunteered to arrange for SGM minutes to be created.

2.1 Accept Agenda

Amended agenda accepted m20110417.3

2.2 Organisation Assurance

Question re requirement for OA to have local knowledge of legal framework. OA is allowed to contact a local assurer and get informed of local legal framework. Noted that each organisation assurance must be under a sub-policy arranged by policy group.

2.3 Keypersons list

Discussion of keypersons list. Primary purpose is disaster recovery, so should contain contact details of Board, the SP teams and Senior Arbitrators. Implementation chosen earlier to be a private mailing list. Peter to compile the list, with help from Mario.

2.4 Implementation of Rule 23b

All appears to be in order, so action item marked as done.

2.5 Overview of Board Projects

(See: wiki page). Board should reply to Oophaga's request for an update before May 1st. A number of other items are progressing slowly or stalled. Ulrich Schröter noted that there is a masterplan. Several board members agreed to a brainstorm session during the next week, to be arranged by Lambert.

2.6 Security Officer

Possible confusion with Privacy Officer, which is vacant (see: Officers). Ian to provide full briefing on privacy situation via private list. Issue of security officer still open. Issue moved to Policy Group.

2.7 Thank-you message to large donors

Decided to arrange for template thank-you message from President to all donors of amounts over 50 AUD. Treasurer to notify President of large donor events.

3.1 Questions

No questions.

4.1 Next Meeting

Next Committee Meeting: Sunday, May 1st 2011, 21:00 UTC.



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20110417 (last edited 2011-06-19 09:19:23 by UlrichSchroeter)