Committee Meeting 2011-04-10
The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.
Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.
Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting
Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.
Minutes author puts motion m20110410.1 (???) to accept the minutes
Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!
Question Time Important Note: Questions from CAcert.org Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here
Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.
- Chair closes the Committee Meeting
Present: Peter, Dirk, Mario
Discussions on quorum. Quorum is any three committee members.
Mario to take minutes.
Minutes of last meeting 2011-03-27 accepted as m20110417.1.
Nothing from the private list to disclose, but noted there was progress on the bank account, but no statements yet.
Alexander need to speak on Organisation Assurance, deferred since he was absent.
Question what the key persons list is exactly about, since someone might need to take this over. People ABC'd, Board and Arbitrators are candidates. Contact info of ABC'd people available through ABC? URL to list cacert-keypersons was posted. Discussions on whether it is public - it is restricted to subscribers and subscription moderated. Peter offered to volunteer for maintanance, but maybe a more established person should do it. Does not need to be a board member, bould should be from the key persons group. Because of low attendance to be presented at next meeting.
Item regarding rule 23 b: Peter will have a look, deferred to be discussed during next meeting.
Look good so far and already have been useful for Peter to gather overview. To be discussed at next meeting with hopefully more members.
Rule 12 Complaints
Proposed by Mario as urgent Business. Unanimous accepted. Conducted in private.
The board has reached a decision on the two Rule 12 complaints it is currently hearing.
GR ./. IG is rejected. Details published later today via email.
US ./. GR GR will receive a final warning and unmoderated access from mailing lists removed. If he continues with any slanderous or prejudical statements, the board sees no alternative than expelling him from the association. Complete statement published also via email.
Ulrich informed that the weak keys problem is handled through arbitration. Board is aware, since copied on several emails.
Ulrich mentions problems regarding software testteam. As soon as testing is started, nobody responds. Software Assessment stalls because no testing happens. Seems to be a general problem, similar with arbitration and support. Time requirements: For arbitrators one full evening or one weekend day weekly, software testers 2-3 hours per session (frequency larger than bi-weekly), support 2 times 15-30 minutes a day. Peter notes that testing needs to be made more glamorous. Ulrich mentions publishing newsletters might help, this is an ongoing project, arbitration passed, system needed, some volunteers offered help. Mario has this on the agenda, but lacking time to chase it.
Ulrich asks, whether there is a plan in the structure for a Security Officer. Was asked for by Benedikt regarding Escrow project and ISO standards. Mario: Knows about privacy, but not security. To be discussed during next meeting.
Returning to regular interval (3rd Sunday), 2011-04-17 at 21:00 UTC.
m20110417.1: Accept minutes of meeting 2011-03-27