Committee Meeting 20110206

The meeting will take place at 21:00 UTC in the IRC channel #board-meeting on the CAcert IRC network.

Committee Members: feel free to add a business within the acceptance period or your question to the board below. Others: add a question to the questions section.


  1. Minutes author prepares the minutes from the last meeting

  2. Minutes author prepares the action items. All action owners to update.

  3. Minutes author puts m20110206.1 to accept the minutes


  1. Preliminaries
    1. Chair opens the Committee Meeting
    2. Accept the minutes from the last meeting.

    3. Who is making minutes?
    4. Chair asks whether cacert-board-private maillist includes any items that need to be disclosed to Members.

    5. Chair introduces the URL of action items to the meeting, and asks for discussion.

  2. Businesses Important Note: Acceptance of Businesses 48 Hours before beginning of Committee Meeting latest!

    1. AGM
      • call?
      • text of call?
      • any motions?
      • secretary's list of members?
    2. Finance
      • approve letterhead
      • approve text of a letter
      • list of signatories to main account
        • iang
        • Kevin?
      • future treasurer
      • finance team
      • transactions; paypal into system?
    3. Minutes, get them signed by President?
    4. Business added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Business One" by Title of Business and add your Name

      • Additional Inputs Comment: Replace "Additional Inputs"by Description of Business, Description of Reason-Why/Purpose, Additional Comments, Additional Documents, Additional Links, if useful for other Committee Members to prepare for Committee Meeting.

    5. et cetera
  3. Question Time Important Note: Questions from Community Members can be added until beginning of Committee Meeting! As well questions can be asked at "Question Time", without added Question here

    1. Question One added by Your Name Comment: Replace "Question One" by Your Question and add your Name

      • et cetera
  4. Closing
    1. Confirm the next Committee Meeting: Usually every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month 21:00 UTC.

    2. Chair closes the Committee Meeting


1. Preliminaries

Present: Alexander, Lambert, Mario, Ian. Absent: Nick, Mark.

20:05 Chair opens the meeting. Acceptance of the minutes of meeting on 20101213: Alexander, Lambert: aye; Ian: abstain. Carried as m20110206.1.

Alexander will make minutes.

All items discussed on the private mailing list will be addressed in this meeting and need no special disclosure or are of no importance to disclose.

2.1 AGM

Meeting starts with discussion on how to proceed with the AGM. Ian asks: should we call now, before getting the new signatories on the account? Regaining access can still take a few weeks, which may be too late to be able to present a good financial report at the AGM.

Looks like we are in a contradictory situation: either hold the AGM after the financial report is ready, but this will be past our deadline from the OFT; or hold the AGM without a financial report, which the OFT will also not be ok with.

Consensus was reached on calling the AGM and explain to the members what happened to the bank account. If we don't regain access to the account by the AGM we'll have to say we currently lack the access. The amount of money present should be that which was there before, minus what we know has been paid. We believe there was around 25K AUD last year in the account and 2000 + 295 EUR was paid in 2010.

Date and time for AGM is set to Sunday 27th of February at 20:00 UTC.

No special resolutions were received for the AGM.

Lambert will send out an informal mail to the members immediately to notify of the AGM. Formal notice will follow soon.

Mario has the member list dated beginning of 2010. By scanning the vote tool, this list can be made up-to-date. Mario received the transaction list from Paypal, so he can process those payments. For those members who were paid by bank transfer, he can ask a CARS confirmation from the member.

Ian will prepare to post a motion to handle the Australian board membership problem at the AGM.

2.2 Finance

The proposed letterhead from 2/2/2011 on the private board list is be accepted for all communication with the bank. So moved and carried as m20110207.2.

Ian moves that: "We prepare and send a letter to Westpac Bank, words to effect of: "The Committee of CAcert Incorporated has agreed to change the signatories for our Westpac Bank bank account. The Signatories are to be Mr Ian Grigg and Mr Kevin Dawson. Mr Kevin Dawson has been authorised to coordinate this task on behalf of CAcert Inc." On letterhead, and signed by President." Motion is carried as m20110207.1.

Ian will prepare and send the letter to Lambert.

All agree that finding a new treasurer can be delayed until the next meeting.

An idea has come up to create a finance team. The idea is to allow anyone from the community to run the books. Alexander will look into getting sql-ledger usable with a chart of accounts for this to happen.

2.3 Minutes

Was handled as part of 2.2.



Ulrich asks where the mails for Treasurer and Secretary are going. Investigations revealed that Secretary was set up to go to Alexander and to cacert-inc (the private corporations actions list) but Treasurer was not. Resolved to point Treasurer to cacert-inc as well, all agreed. Nick joined at this point.

Nick brought up the possibility of a USA bank account, and he was asked for summary / proposal to be made to board.

Lambert asked whether a personal thank you from President was appropriate for a donation >$50 ? All agreed this was appropriate.

Ulrich asked about the numbers of Australian candidates to the Board. At this stage, nobody is forward as there is no call out. But we have enough members. Ian is to write to people from Brisbane ATE.

Board Meeting

Next Board meeting is set for 13th February, Sunday 21:00 UTC. Meeting is closed at 23:16.



Brain/CAcertInc/Committee/MeetingAgendasAndMinutes/20110206 (last edited 2011-02-20 20:15:03 by LambertHofstra)