- Case Number: a20110119.1
- Status: closed
- Claimants: Lukasz K
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
- Case Manager: Lambert Hofstra
- Arbitrator: Mario Lipinski
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-01-22
- Date of ruling: 2011-01-23
- Case closed: 2011-01-25
- Complaint: Changing transliteration (diacritics) in my first name
- Relief: Change R's first name from Łukasz to Lukasz.
- 2011-01-19 (issue.c.o) case [s20110119.89]
- 2011-01-19 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-01-22 (A): Taking case as arbitrator. Prepare ruling.
- 2011-01-22 (A): Appoint CM. Sent init mail.
- 2011-01-23 (A): C confirms acceptance of CCA and DRP.
- 2011-01-23 (A): Ruling and request for execution.
- 2011-01-25 (A): Rcvd exec confirmation. Closing.
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part) (optional)
Arbitration case a20110119.1 (Private Part)
The user requests a name change with obviously is a transition in line with Practice on Names.
The users first name should be changed from Łukasz to Lukasz (only changing the first letter to an ASCII char).
Furthermore I rule that Support is empowered to process name change requests which are transitions satisfying the requirements of Practice on Names. The Support Engineer may seek advise from an Assurer of valid local transitions by requesting a CARS statement by an Assurer of his choice. However, if there are any doubts the case has to be referred to arbitration. The change has to be documented with the online system by making a comment (if anyhow possible) and as a note to the support ticket.