- Case Number: a20100227.1
- Status: Closed
- Claimants: Dirk R
- Respondents: CAcert
Initial Case Manager: UlrichSchroeter
Case Manager: Mario Lipinski
- Date of arbitration start: 2011-02-24
- Date of ruling: 2011-02-26
- Case closed: 2011-02-26
- Complaint: Small modification in username
- Relief: please remove middle name not in ID docs on account#2, Account cleanup on account #1
Before: Arbitrator UlrichSchroeter (A), Respondent: CAcert (R), Claimant: Dirk R (C), Case: a20100227.1
- 2010-02-27 (issue.c.o) case [s20100227.51]
- 2010-02-27 (iCM): added to wiki, request for CM / A
- 2011-02-24 (A): I'll take care about this case as (A)
- 2011-02-24 (CM): appointed by (A)
- 2011-02-24 (A): init mailing with CCA/DRP acceptance req sent to (C)
2011-02-24 (C): accepts CCA/DRP, sends a link to a similiar case a20090618.11
- 2011-02-24 (A): requesting from (Support): 1. full name in account fields list, 2. Assurances received
- 2011-02-25 (Support): [s20110224.78] sends requested infos
- 2011-02-26 (A): requesting account infos from (C)
- 2011-02-26 (C): has 2 accounts, but stopped with accnt#1 to wait for end of dispute
- 2011-02-26 (A): clarification request to (C) regarding account #1 (to delete), account #2 (to correct)
Original Dispute, Discovery (Private Part)
Link to Arbitration case a20100227.1 (Private Part)
EOT Private Part
similiar or dupe case a20100314.2
- it has been discovered, that (C) has 2 accounts.
- Account #1 correct name
- Account #2 name with middlename to correct, 2 Assurances rcvd
- new Relief, Account cleanup and Correction
- Account #1 to delete
- Account #2 to correct
- This Arbitration moved to two parts, one to correct account #2, the second part to delete account #1 as account cleanup, so w/o termination of CAcert Community Agreement. The user still continues to be member.
- Account to correct has a Middlename that should be removed.
- So hereby I order Support to correct the users name on account #2 by removing the middlename
- Further I rule, that this case can be used as a precedent for Support, to be allowed to remove the Middlename on users request if following conditions are met:
At least one Givenname is still left in users account w/o abbreviations -or- Givenname follows the Short Givenname Country Variation for the NL (see PracticeOnNames about Country Variations)
- This case also applies to cases, where one of several Middlenames has been requested for removal.
- This arbitration case number has to be added onto the Supports ticket note to refer to this arbitration precedents case.
Support has to send the user after removal of the Middlename or Partly Middlename a request, to revoke affected Client certs, that contains the removed name part, and that were issued after 2009-11-08, thats the date where CPS comes to DRAFT. If Certs only contains the Givenname in the names field, these Certs aren't affected.
- As Support cannot check the Certs state by its own, Support has to send the request to the user, with confirmation request, that the Certs are revoked or there is no Cert that falls under this condition.
- Requests for adding Middlenames are not affected by this ruling and still have to be refered to Arbitration.
- Part II is not affected by this precedents ruling.
- For account #1 I hereby order Support to execute the full Delete My Account procedure for SE's v2. PDF printout not needed. If Certs exists on this account they should be revoked. Email address to replace with Arbitration case number, so old primary email address is free'd up
- No CCA termination date set, cause user still continues to be a member.
- 2011-02-26 (A): sent ruling to (C), (CM)
- 2011-02-26 (A): sent ruling and exec request to (Support)
- 2011-02-26 (Support): [s20110226.17], exec report: executed Part I over accnt#2, Part II over accnt#1.
- 2011-02-26 (A): exec report notification to (C). Case closed.
Post Arbitration Note
2011-02-26 (A): on review of <s20110223.78> report the email address mask has been identified not in compliance with the proposed procedure. So therefor I've requested (Support) for correction. 4 other cases also affected, also to correct.
2011-02-26 (Support): fixed within <s20110226.34>
Date of Support Execute
Support Ticket Number